How can i tell if my engine is forged?

...price of 98 spec engines suddenly triples...

Lol

Haha all engines advertised with 98 spec cams...

Also, I think TD would have told him about the cams if they mapped it for him. And they'd be able to tell wether it's forged or not

Yeah that must be why its made such good power but I've seen them make 220 but 30hp just because the cams are different?...maybe thats why does anyone know anyone with a late spec mapped at 1bar running that sort of power

Hang on. 98 spec cams different? I think that's bollox. Same power from factory at the same boost level on the same turbo?!

im 100% sure they are the same cams

mines a 97 and it made 252bhp at 1bar on td04 at TD so im not sure itll be down to the cams. [unless mines had a engine swap at some point]

they are the same cams in both dude :)

Load of bollox, your telling me the cams are different and in only 2013 we are just finding this out? 15 years on from when the 98 spec was released?

The only difference is the 5EFHE cams have more lift and longer duration (slightly). All other E series camshafts are the same. The part numbers are likely to be different because Toyota changed the material/manufacturing process that the cams were made of/from.

Load of bollox, your telling me the cams are different and in only 2013 we are just finding this out? 15 years on from when the 98 spec was released?

The only difference is the 5EFHE cams have more lift and longer duration (slightly). All other E series camshafts are the same. The part numbers are likely to be different because Toyota changed the material/manufacturing process that the cams were made of/from.

Exactly!! :) thank you!

Well never thought that comment would cause that haha.

The reason I said it was because I know they have different part numbers and after working as a partsman for nearly 5 years before my sales job I know that when they change part numbers the part is usually changed or at least modified the part other wise the numbers stay the same :)

Edited by Chris_14a