right first things first i dont drive like a nob :p

my glanza seems to wheels spin far too much (not sure if its hop) i mean even on slow pull offs it wants to spin. and as soon as i put the power down, say getting out of busy junctions it becomes a little annoying when all a get it major spin. plus people must think im doing it on purpose ;)

so what i need to know is what could be causing it. is it just a poor suspension set up. 30mm springs on standard shocks. or is there a problem somewhere, clutch, flywheel???

if there was an issue would there be any noticable signs elswhere when driving?

i personly think its the suspension, im currently saving for coilovers would this help? also is there a quick fix for now, ie anti lift kit.

thanks, any info to help spread a little light would be cool and any suggestion on mods or launching techniques.

its seems to be doing it with very little gas though. tyres are fulda, which i will be changing for f1s when i get the cash.

hopfully its down to poor suspention or heavy right foot!

lol yeah. i mean im not trying to wheels spin or even pull off fast. i think the poo suspension is causing the front end to lift too much and it could also be the tyres. but cant afford to change them yet.

would poor suspension cause wheel spin/ hop

would start with some decent rubber! if not to stop the spinning, just to keep you on the road ;)

wouldn't put it all on suspension, alough it can help reduce spin and put the power down, it's not going to stop it! :p

dont worry ryno i was getting tyres and still am, anyway the fuldas are a good tyre and they are still pretty much new.

just this clutch issue has fucked up my money plans. didnt plan on needing a new clutch yet.

personally i cant understand it....

I have shit tires and them being 175's doesnt help either.....

Running a 2.0litre turbo around 300HP with enough torque to pull a tank and i only have problems when trying to nip off the line fast... apart from that i can drive it completely normally without spinning....... Good clutch control off the line and you shouldnt be spinning mate....

honest opinion, i blame you, not your car.....

personally i cant understand it....

I have shit tires and them being 175's doesnt help either.....

Running a 2.0litre turbo around 300HP with enough torque to pull a tank and i only have problems when trying to nip off the line fast... apart from that i can drive it completely normally without spinning....... Good clutch control off the line and you shouldnt be spinning mate....

honest opinion, i blame you, not your car.....

;)

I personally cant see how youre spinning up in the dry.

If youre not easy on the throttle they will spin very easy in the wet.

But yeah, clutch control shouldnt see you spinning.

Even when i was running mine with treadless tyres it didnt spin much.

what have you got youre pressures set at?

what sort of revs would put me in the heavy footed class?

Back to Drivers Ed 101:

Personally I usually pull away from junctions at 1000rpm or so... you know, like just above idle. Then as you're releasing the clutch put more gas slowly up to 2000-2500rpm, change gear et voila! No wheelspin?

thats right ragger. lol.

no really i have been pulling away at about 1200. im not a big fast launch kinda guy, and im not really trying to pull off fast. its just like out of junctions when you need to be a little sharpish. maybe im still driving it like the n/a and thinking i have to put the power down to much.

maybe i am just being a little over enthusiastic.

As the ct9s are so responsive low in the range, it would more than likely be youre giving it too much throttle too sharpish.

You just dont realise how easily the ct9s boost, resulting in the wheels spinning very easily.Just be a bit more gentle bud, treat it like you would treat angelina jolie, smooth and gentle :):D

L O L @ Rynos picture, lead foot anybody ? :D