Is a race spec rocker needed to run a catch can

Thanks very helpful saved me some pennies :). And now I can get rid of that breather on my rocker and that god damn chirping noise it's making

Would be useful too see some pics if anyone has any

Sam

Well mines tight as a nuns whispering eye tried two different filters and don't wanna over tighten it and it chirps like a motherfucker :(

So now I no I don't need a race rocker catch cans going in

:D

Thanks

But still any pics at all of this setup would be massively appreciated still new to alot of this

Long time dispute.

Most people say get two pcvs gut the one on the rocker put the new on between the catch can and inlet to prevent the catch can pressurising under boost.

I just have breather to catch can to keep things simple.

To be fair the neatest and simplest way is to have no catch can.

Leave the PCV to work as it was intended maybe use some coloured hose to make it look nice.

And put a breather filter on the rocker.

Like So

http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/studoc/media/20130606_174700-1-1_zpsf35340fb.jpg.html'>20130606_174700-1-1_zpsf35340fb.jpg

Edited by StuDoc 72

I've had quite a few people advise on what way to set up a catch tank.

PCV>Tank>Inlet - This way apparently pressurises the tank rather than doing any good.

PCV>Tank>Atmosphere - Apparently this is the best as the engine can breathe.

PCV>Tank>Rocker Breather - Apparently this doesn't let the engine breathe.

I had mine set up the 1st was and it caused a lot of blue smoke - I don't have connected up at all now.

Long time dispute.

Most people say get two pcvs gut the one on the rocker put the new on between the catch can and inlet to prevent the catch can pressurising under boost.

I just have breather to catch can to keep things simple.

Regarding the pressurised catch can when on boost, surely a one-way valve between the catch can and inlet would solve this problem?

Either way, I was lead to beleive that:

PCV >>> One way valve >>>>>>>>>>>> Catch can >>> Can exhuast to inlet before the turbo with another one way valve

Rocker breather >>> One way Valve >>> ^^^^^

Was the best method. Surely this way you eliminate any positieve crankcase pressure.

Edited by Bluebear

Basically I want my engine to breath better as it keeps blowing crankcase seals and the breather filter chirping on top is doing my fecking nut in

So a catch can setup doesn't improve the breathing in any way at all then ?

Basically I want my engine to breath better as it keeps blowing crankcase seals and the breather filter chirping on top is doing my fecking nut in

So a catch can setup doesn't improve the breathing in any way at all then ?

Nope!

Like I said filter shouldnt chirp if its fitted right.

Regarding the pressurised catch can when on boost, surely a one-way valve between the catch can and inlet would solve this problem?

Either way, I was lead to beleive that:

PCV >>> One way valve >>>>>>>>>>>> Catch can >>> Can exhuast to inlet before the turbo with another one way valve

Rocker breather >>> One way Valve >>> ^^^^^

Was the best method. Surely this way you eliminate any positieve crankcase pressure.

Ya, I said put PVC in by inlet to stop boost pressurising can the PVC is the 1 way/check valve

So the overall answer is don't use a catch can then are people running these for a reason then or is it just bling in the bay if they allow the engine to breath no more than the Pcv valve ?