As i'm sure many of you will have heard colin mcrae and his son have been killed in a helicopter accident near his home in scotland.

The man was an absolute legend behind the wheel of any rally car he drove!

I've seen him drive a few times in WRC stages in wales and he was feckin nuts.

My thoughts are with his family.

May he rest in peace.

I was shocked too i seen it on the front of the paper, it doesn't seem real, its like something that happens in America opr something. No more Colin MCrae Games then, i just bought Dirt a few months ago. Was a good game.

What a legend!!!! Will miss seeing this guy drive as he was amazing. First Richard Burns now Colin aswell. My thoughts go out to his family.

R.I.P.

Sorry to hear someone you know was the aswell Geo. A Terrible accident for all involved.

STATEMENT ISSUED ON BEHALF OF COLIN McRAEâ??S FAMILY

Speaking on behalf of the whole family, Colinâ??s father, Jim McRae, said today:

â??It is with much sadness and regret that we have to make this statement.

It is unbelievable that Colin and Johnnyâ??s lives have been taken so prematurely and in such a tragic manner.

Colin was a great son, a loving husband to Alison and a fantastic father to Johnny and his big sister Hollie. Johnny was a great wee guy, spending every spare minute with his dad, and even at this early stage it looked like he had the potential to carry on the family dynasty.

Our thoughts are also very much with the families of Ben Porcelli and Graeme Duncan. Ben was a great buddy of Johnnyâ??s and they had always spent a lot of time together both in and out of school. Graeme, who now resides in France, had been a close friend of Colinâ??s since their schooldays and was back in Lanark on holiday.

We are thankful for the overwhelming number of messages of support we have received from all around the world. Colin was very much an inspiration and role model to motorsport fans the world over.

As you can imagine this is a very difficult time for the family and we would ask that our privacy be respected and we be allowed to grieve in private.â?ÂÂ