• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant be that it would do it all the time if it was...

It could be a fueling issue if it does it when you get to a certain boost level...

If it does it under boost it's more than likely to be headgasket or a crack, maybe worth bleeding it through though

Cant be that it would do it all the time if it was...

It could be a fueling issue if it does it when you get to a certain boost level...

Not necessarily, it may only push into into the expansion bottle when the headgasket is under its most stress, which is at full load.

Not necessarily, it may only push into into the expansion bottle when the headgasket is under its most stress, which is at full load.

i agree, ive seen quite a few starlets do this on the old original head gaskets. under normal driving they run fine but kick there heads in a bit and they blow coolant out into the expansion tank.

At the drag racing i have a big syringe used for horse injections and its the perfect size for the expansion bottle. i used to go round putting the coolant back in the radiators for my mates lol.

as for plug gaps i did mine to .64 or .6 i cant remember now.

Edited by Bean

I am getting car sniff tested tomorrow, there is no water in oil so that's a good sign. My rad is fucked I think so have just bought ally racing rad :) how exciting!!

Thank you for all the comments xx

Depends, is it a civic sized (half size rad) or full size? Did you get it from eBay from a seller called ryan_onfire by any chance?

You can fit these rads without buying stuff you can recycle bits you take off and bits you find if it's a full sized rad it should fit with no modification.

If its spiking and boosting massively too high the same thing can happen.'what have you got to adjust it?

Actuator or controller for holding your boost?

I'd wind either down a lil bit to be safe

I am not sure to be honest but I have tried adjusting it but hasnt made any difference. I will take a picture of it when I have the car back. It is currently in bits LOL x

I have a standard ECU. Hopefully having the rad delivered today so should be back on the road by the weekend and then I can start focusing on the boosting problem :) x

Aren't ECU's really expensive?? I thought the auto boost control I will get will sort it as it has fuel cut etc xx I will take a pic of the manual boost I've been adjusting when I have my car back :) xx

I can't explain what it looks like other than it's a thing that sticks out haha! Am hoping to have my car back either tomorrow or Saturday so I will take a piccy :) x

You can run 1bar without a aftermarket ECU yoi'll need an adjustable fuel reg it's not the best way to do it but if you have it set up properly it'll do the trick. Emanage blues can be picked up cheap just fitting if you cant do it yourself and mapping that will cost a bit.

You definitely need to get that engine light bulb back in / replaced, and maybe check the diagnostics to see if any error codes are being thrown. Could well be fuel cut, especially running 1 bar without the supporting modifications.