Was out last night and some twat hit the back end of my car

My first reaction was to see if the misses was alright lol awwwwwww :D

But then i thought 'OH SHIT NOT AGAIN'

At first look i though everything was ok as it was just a dented bumper and he offered to pay for damage rather than go through insurance

Then when i opened the boot it wouldnt close again properly, thats when i realised that the metal had creased a little so was slightly worse than i thought. I was wrong!

The metal compartment that holds the spare wheels has been crushed too :)

I dont want to get insurance companies involved if i dont have to as i have a funny feeling they will write it off as i have had a quote from someone that i know and always does me a favour of £400, so if an assessors comes out he will prob write it off just for the fun of it

What do you guys think i should do?

At first glance

DSC00371.jpg

As you can see the metal has creased

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

Not the best pics but you get the idea

Shit mate it didnt look like fuck all last night but I had a feeling it would of done more damage than we thought :)

Hope you can get it sorted...would be a shame to loose another Starlet especially when this was coming along nice :D

If you read the first post mate i said i went to a bodyshop and he said £400 :D

@sparky- i thought there might have been more damage but didnt realise it had done that :)

i spoke to the boy that hit me and he is gonna see if he can lend the money off his old man as he doesnt want to go through insurance

ahh not good, :)

this is what you can do though, if you can live with the damage, report it to your insurers and see if you are able to buy it back for salvage value, aprox £200-400

then get the insurance money and spend it on it, lol i did this with my old black sr,

i had the exact same damage on my micra, someone banged in to it, the impact was exactly the same, the insureance paid me out £980 cheque for the repairs, but also made the car CAT C without me knwing, so wen i sold it, the next owner applied for new log book, an had sum letter through DVLA tht it needs a VIC check,