Jap owner, new to Starlets

Hi guys, picked myself up a lovely 1.3 EP91 last week as a run around. Enjoying driving it, so light and agile :) This seems in great knick and I gave it the detail treatment this weekend.

Ive owned an N16 Nissan Almera since 2006 and the current project is going well. The Starlet is getting me around whilst I do a bunch of work on the Almera. Let me know if anyone's interested, before I go blurting on about a Nissan on a Toyota forum!

I try and attend the usual big Jap meets like Japfest and JAE, although not been able to do Japfest this year due to work commitments. More locally you might spot me around Reading for the monthly Jap meet.

Here's the Starlet after a wash, clay, polish, wax and detail.

Polish_20130621_152624.jpg

Thanks for looking :) Got a couple of little niggles so I'll have a look round the forum for answers.

Cheers,

Ed

Thanks for the welcomes :)

Dan I've changed the pic with proper tags now I'm on a computer, can you see it now?

Almera looks mean! Anything special under the bonnet?

Some people might be disappointed....

Under the bonnet is a 205hp / 330lbft 2.2 Turbo Diesel lump. It's the last Nissan Diesel before Renault stuck their oar in. Quite a lot done to it, it started out as 136bhp, but now has a hybrid turbo, custom uprated IC and pipes, custom exhaust, etc etc. Have a lot of plans for it over the next 2 months including a helical limited slip diff, and bigger hybrid turbo, plus a few chassis upgrades.

http://s294.photobucket.com/user/edkeating/media/Car/Almera/Engine%20Bay/Intercooler%20and%20Boost%20Pipes/IMG_1114.jpg.html'>IMG_1114.jpg

http://s294.photobucket.com/user/edkeating/media/Car/Almera/Engine%20Bay/Intercooler%20and%20Boost%20Pipes/IMG_1109.jpg.html'>IMG_1109.jpg

http://s294.photobucket.com/user/edkeating/media/Car/Almera/Engine%20Bay/Intercooler%20and%20Boost%20Pipes/IMG_1117.jpg.html'>IMG_1117.jpg

don`t see many modified almeras of that shape, too few in my opinion..look the nicest...the older shape looks ugly

must have cost a pretty penny to get that figure, what are the stock engines good for?

Cheers dude. Well so far this is the furthest a 2.2 (YD22) engine has been taken. However the YD25 as fitted in the D40 Navara is basically a larger bore and stroke version of my engine with a bigger turbo. The Navara lads have been taking them to over 300hp reliably. So it's a good bet the YD22 will take that kind of power too. The stock clutch was impressivly strong holding up till now, but wear and upgrading has meant I've changed to an ACT clutch good for 410lbft. The gearbox is also the strongest FWD box Nissan made and in the US Sentra boys have been boosting their 2.5 petrol turbos to over 400whp using the same box as fitted to my Almera.

Lots of potential :)

Very tempted to buy these turbo kits knocking around for the 4EFE, and make a V replica :D I really shouldn't though as the money isn't there for it lol. Typical!

• 3 months later...

Finally got round to replacing the broken passenger mirror and fitting the cup holders :D All very easy, but I noticed the cup holders foul the dash trim. Is there supposed to be a different trim for this? Otherwise I'll whip the file out!

I've also got an issue with the interior light. I've pressed in the rivots already so it now turns on and off, but doors don't always turn the light off when closed. Nothing obviously wrong with the pressure switches...