recommended cleaning products

Got my white starlet on the weekend, and certin parts of the car are like shades of black where it hasnt had a decent clean for a while, i got the shampoo and sponge out and it's improved but i'm wondering if anyone has any good products they can recommend for getting those sturborn stains out :p

Thanks all

Farecla g3 is best then for your problem, it will being the car back like new.

Thanks all, Seems halfords do a bunch of Farecia g3's. which product are you talking about? Paint Renvator, Scrach Remover, Etc, Cheers

I would save yourself some time and hard work and get someone with a machine polisher to go over for you.

This was the first time I ran a DA over my bonnet this was only a light pad with medium compound polish, you can see the section I hadn't done!

8689224143_4e21de0886_b.jpg

I would save yourself some time and hard work and get someone with a machine polisher to go over for you.

This was the first time I ran a DA over my bonnet this was only a light pad with medium compound polish, you can see the section I hadn't done!

Thats amazing, i do have a cheap halfords machine polisher, Where did you get the blue tape aswell? Cheers !

I think a cheap Halfords style polisher will struggle to cut if at all so you may find it doesn't make any difference. It really depends how much you want to spend, how much effort you want to put in and the finish you want I guess.

I think I got the blue tape off i4detailing.co.uk when I ordered some other bits but you can pick it up in any DIY shop like B&Q.

Removing all the crap off the paintwork will help alot - ie decon with iron x/purple rain, and then a good claying will improve it alot, you can now polish the paintwork back.

The halfords polishers arent the best - you dont get any cutting pads with them - its just like using a microfibre cloth real fast and relying on whichever product you are using to the work. Ideally a dual action polisher (DAS6) and some decent polishing pads will work wonders (as shown above).

All depends on how much you want to spend how keen you are on doing it yourself, dor a DA, pads and polishes your looking around £130-140 - a little bit more than you would pay for a good mop, but least you have the gear then for the future.

Blue maskign tape can be bought off ebay, use the 3m stuff though, i got some cheap ones off ebay and they arent as sticky and lift very easy.

Machine polisher is the only real way of getting rid of all the stains properly. Can use an aggressive polish but it'll only mask it for a few days.

White cars are a nightmare! Worst thing about mine is keeping it white.