Right guys I set about fitting this at the weekend

ad4f04bfb203b772eb1b0e7a0dd9bdc2_zps360a

My problem is it blows through the whole rev range and slightly on idle, you are all probably going to say go external waste gate but too late now I've brought it and fitted it. Lol do you guys have any suggestions on how I could get it to stop blowing, I have spoken to Ricky and he has told me to get a plate welded into the turbo housing to seperate the waste gate and turbine. I took the turbo, downpipe to a company near my area and he has told me that it is not possible unless I get it cold welded? I just want to see if there is any other suggestions..? Thanks guys

Always the problem with these I've heared of a few that have been fine, I'm guessing the problem with the welding is the turbine housing is cast?

Have you fitted it well? Dean from rw developments made one for a forum member and tbf I never heared it blow, apparantly it was a tight fit and took a few taps of a rubber mallet to get it to sit flush, I take it there's a seperator in the decat itself as the others ive seen have?

There is mate but it doesn't seal very nicely :( when I took it to this company they basically measured the inside of my turbo housing against the downpipe and there was a 2mm gap way round so what he done was add to the plate then file off little bits until it was as tight as possible.. Really debating getting rid and getting just decat without screamer :/ but its looks MINT and just seems a shame to get rid..

Could you not pop to Ricky? I'm sure if anyone can sort it he can, he knows his manifolds and bits inside out, and has a massive rep.

It's always a bit of a gamble with these so I hear

Edited by TurboTobz
Could you not pop to Ricky? I'm sure if anyone can sort it he can, he knows his manifolds and bits inside out, and has a massive rep.

It's always a bit of a gamble with these so I hear

This was my next step tbh, race tech is a 2 hour drive :( just may have to take a trip!

I have to say though that's a lovely looking manifold and downpipe, I always admire the racetech fabrications

Once I got it fitted I thought to myself that is a master piece lol but this is exactly why I wanted a race tech mani and downpipe!

Speak to dean at rw developments - he will be able to sort it - if it's blowing so bad (as you said it's around 2mm out) it shouldn't of been sent out as they are ment to be a very tight fit (as mentioned), I would of thought that of the great rep race tech have got, they would do something about it, but hey that's me believing in good customer service and paying for a product that's fit for purpose.

My custom made one I used to have from RW developments (dean) was 110% spot on. Never blew on idle and fitted better than a glove if that's even possible.

But regardless, as said there is a seal between the exhaust outing and the screamer outing, that seal needs to be as tight as possible hence why they blow because the exhaust gasses creep through the shitly made seal and down the screamer outing instead of the main exhaust outing and down the pipe to the backbox.

IMO, it's sloppy workmanship because IT IS possible to make it not blow on idle and as I said mine was 110% perfect. It even had to be knocked on with a rubber mallet when I put it on, it was that perfect/tight.

Go back to ricky and ask him to make the seal bigger and fit better.

I can understand what your saying this probably should have been tried and tested. I don't want to drop Ricky in it because he has done an amazing job of the screamer i just wish it was a better seal :( I think I'll have to pm him aswell and find out what can do for me. I was told to have a plate welded in my turbo but I don't see why I would need to weld into my turbo because then that would mean if I ever change my mind I would need another turbo! Lol

My custom made one I used to have from RW developments (dean) was 110% spot on. Never blew on idle and fitted better than a glove if that's even possible.

But regardless, as said there is a seal between the exhaust outing and the screamer outing, that seal needs to be as tight as possible hence why they blow because the exhaust gasses creep through the shitly made seal and down the screamer outing instead of the main exhaust outing and down the pipe to the backbox.

IMO, it's sloppy workmanship because IT IS possible to make it not blow on idle and as I said mine was 110% perfect. It even had to be knocked on with a rubber mallet when I put it on, it was that perfect/tight.

Go back to ricky and ask him to make the seal bigger and fit better.

I can understand what your saying this probably should have been tried and tested. I don't want to drop Ricky in it because he has done an amazing job of the screamer i just wish it was a better seal :( I think I'll have to pm him aswell and find out what can do for me. I was told to have a plate welded in my turbo but I don't see why I would need to weld into my turbo because then that would mean if I ever change my mind I would need a new one :( Edited by Sefton-EP91

I've never been a fan of these setups tbh, but I can understand why the gap is that big. Material expands as it gets hot so it will close the gap slightly, however 2mm? Only Ricky will know if the gap will close that much as its his material.

Do have to say, it does look the dogs tits :thumbsup: