Celica 190 into a starlet

Anyone ever thought about doing this is it even possible I know wer ther is a 190 sitting that got smashed hard in the rear and it's in good condition other wise low miles can get the car quite cheep the bloke just wants it gone Would love to maybe even put the engine in a 5 door uk starlet have a bit ov a sleeper on the go and sumthing to ship the kid about in lol

They're not the most tuneable on stock internals, but yeah your along the right lines bud, almost everything will need to be custom, expensive job! If the engine is awesome and über cheap it might be worth it.

Depends how unique you wanna be :p

I just think it would be a cool starlet to build I can get the car for about 600 and it's only 64,000 on the engine would you just use the celica ecu and mod the old celica looms or would you need to make up new looms n that see what I'm thinking is get the celica and spend about 2.5k on it and have a prity cool unique starlet or you think I'm way off on price??

They're not the most tuneable on stock internals, but yeah your along the right lines bud, almost everything will need to be custom, expensive job! If the engine is awesome and über cheap it might be worth it.

Depends how unique you wanna be :p

Go in a charged one with 330bhp on standard internals and you wont be saying that! Madness in a celica, be retardedly fast in a starlet.

Edited by RobSR

I've got my car up for sale at the min to fund this :) won't be any boost just a sleeper n/a maybe super charge in a few years see how it goes need to really sit down and work out how much cash it's gona take would like it done for next summer don't want it to be a build that takes a few year lol

I get that with mine as it is, everyone thinks its either boosted or a 2.0L

But on this matter personally rather than the 2zzge (celica/corolla sport) i would go for a honda k20. The engine is much better, responds to n/a or boosted mods much better, cheaper for parts, more reliable. And the same amount of work to fit. Custom mounts (prob adjust hasport mounts to suit) driveshafts, wiring etc etc

I know that goes against most peoples thoughts but you really cant go wrong with a K20

Mmm k20 would be good tho expensive for the car seems to work out better to buy the hole car and do the swap the point of me doing this one was because I know wer a 190 is going cheep that has been hit in the rear and I've found a place that can make me the mounts and shafts as they have done it before they say the can even make me brackets to make the brakes fit

Fair enough but i wouldnt waste my time on a 2zz

Stock for stock

N/a mods

Bolt ons and a remap. K20 230-240hp

2zz very lucky with 210

Boosted as above 2zz 330 on a stock motor with supporting mods afterward you're testing the water

K20 can make 400 and still be reliable. Its been done numberous times! Even 450 + with valve train mods

That then makes one hell of a starlet! Haha

This isn't going to be a big power build mate it's just sumthing a bit different tbh I'd be happy with a 200 bhp n/a starlet if I was looking alot of power I'd prob just get another gt and go that way instead of swapping engines n stuff this isn't going to be a like a sporty Iooking one mite even put it in a 5 door haha I want a sleeper