Tapping Noise AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHH

Hi guys i've just started having this gay ass tapping noise coming from near the power steering pump...now i have just changed the power steering pump and its still doing it but sometimes when i push the clutch in it gets quieter it's really pissing me off now as it's really loud plus when i pull off i get like a weird wheel spin kinda sound coming from that area aswell any ideas???

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwspyPlh27c&feature=youtu.be

A crank bearing sounds like a little dwarf sitting inside the engine and hammering on the block with his hammer. A clutch bearing is almost the same sound, but not as loud, and coming from the box.

Sounds like a clutch bearing if it gets more quite when you press the clutch pedal.

A crank bearing sounds like a little dwarf sitting inside the engine and hammering on the block with his hammer. A clutch bearing is almost the same sound, but not as loud, and coming from the box.

Sounds like a clutch bearing if it gets more quite when you press the clutch pedal.

Doesnt sound like a knock and sometimes it doesnt do it like earlier when i chnaged the pump fired it up no noise. Turned it off the. Back on and it came back.

spray some wd40 around where you're hearing the noise from, if the noise changes then its not something inside the engine

ok mate i'll have to have a go at that..

just strange how it still drives fine and moves like fuck!!!

Take the belt off and see if the noise goes then that's the way to check, also even if engine is rattling it will still drive fine till it lets go my friends s3 went and my other mates starlet gt but they still drove fine but rattled like fuck

The best way to find a rattle or knock is take a stick, any stick wood or metal and with your thumb over the end hold it against your ear and place the other end on different parts of the engine/gearbox and youll hear all the different taps and knocks your engine makes.

The is how the water service listen for flow and leaks amd its a great technique.

I would remove the belt and see if it still does it.

It could well be the crank has got excessive play and the thrust bearings are on the brink, and pulling the clutch in will affect this because it changes the way the crank is loaded/unloaded as it rocks back and fourth. I don't think it is this as it doesn't sound metalic enough.

I would remove the belt and see if it still does it.

It could well be the crank has got excessive play and the thrust bearings are on the brink, and pulling the clutch in will affect this because it changes the way the crank is loaded/unloaded as it rocks back and fourth. I don't think it is this as it doesn't sound metalic enough.

So remove both belts??

Maybe do this when car is cold? Before firing up

Just another thing to mention, it might be the bearing in either the alternator or water pump.

Thats what i was thinking mate.

Ive just fired it up and guess what the noise has gone lol but later it will probs be back again