Tapping Noise AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHH

The oils thicker when cold so when hot it thins out and the tapping can start again

Yeh u have a point

This sounds like a bearing of some sort.

Its started again after i just been the gargage

Was that without the belt on?

Belt on

looks like it's gunna be a big job then i'm gunna take belts off when i get a chance and try that if it's still making that noise looks like i got start saving for a forged engine

and i just sold one doh!!!

That's gutting that you sold a forged one and then yours starts rattling

Seen this noise before, its the camcover believe it or not tapping against the oil pump pulley. I have had problems with mine and its the exact same noise.

To test to see if is before taking it off, with the engine running push with your hand against the lower bottom right side of the cover just above the crank pulley. You want to be pushing the section which has the oil pump gear behind the cover (it will be indenteted on the cover) push it and i bet the noise changes or vanishes :p

Its just down to the cover not seating correctly against the pump, makes the exact same noise!! :)

Edited by Taggy

Seen this noise before, its the camcover believe it or not tapping against the oil pump pulley. I have had problems with mine and its the exact same noise.

To test to see if is before taking it off, with the engine running push with your hand against the lower bottom right side of the cover just above the crank pulley. You want to be pushing the section which has the oil pump gear behind the cover (it will be indenteted on the cover) push it and i bet the noise changes or vanishes :p

Its just down to the cover not seating correctly against the pump, makes the exact same noise!! :)

I will check this when i get home taggy if this is the case i owe you one

Fingers crossed!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...