• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad luck with the fire buddy, I'm glad to hear the volvic was to hand! Have the meisters been changed since I purchased them or are they the same? How are you finding them or do you need them set up properly before you can tell?

Yeah man be keeping a few bottles in the car just incase! The CRD+ are they are the replacememts for the ZetaR. First impressions they are really good, and acutaully fairly comfy in the soft setting, lots of adjustment in them too :)

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to take a half day today so i could actually work on the car. Swapped the 4paw sump onto the 4EFE, using a FTE oil filter housing too. Put the JDM N/a thermostat housing on aswell. FTE rocker. FTE Pas brackets. FTE flywheel and Exedy 3puk bolted on.

Once all that shit was on bolted the box on, with great difficulty, 4paws are brutal to change engines on the deck, even with a crane. Then fired it all back in the bay and built back up the ancillarys and turbo kit.

20160422_200750_zpsk0w6m1k1.jpg

This was what caused the fire..

20160422_190234_zpskykqo3y9.jpg

And the replacement, some proper heavy duty hydraulic line which has a couple braided layers too. Rated to 850bar!

And just to tip me over the fuckin edge turns out my turbo feed hose has melted inside too, so that will need replaced. Gonna nip round a few local hydraulic line companies tomorrow and see if they can sort / replace it.

Fuckin pile of sheeeeeeeet.

Dan.

Yeah man i'll stick with it for now :) Thats promising then! They do seem awesome, im gonna spend a bit of time on the hoffman alignmemt machine in work setting them up. Thinking -2 camber, 0.5 and - 0.5 toe with 16 clicks in and see how i get on with the ride height. Not touching the preload.

Because the 4paw uses a shorter panhard i havent got round to getting an aftermarket adjustable one modified yet, so the back will have to stay as is.

• 2 weeks later...

Was up Crail today with a few lads, was a good laugh, rain stayed off, car performed well considering the turbo is totally shagged and just turns 10w40 into blue smoke, like clouds of it, think i near chocked half the crowd haha.

There were probably about 10 starlets up today, majority running up the 1/4 which was nice to see 8)

20160501_135925_zpsfw9ifvat.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bought a few bits for this recently. Set of front poly drop link bushes.

20160603_182525_zpsbqrvwe0z.jpg

Measured the OEM RARB and found it was only 12mm, its basically a bit of string. Got a pair of poly D bushes for it.

20160603_182530_zpsv8bgyv7e.jpg

Next up was the FARB which is 18mm on a 4paw, pair of poly D bushes for them too, had to buff a few mm off the bottom.

20160603_182540_zpsrfxvdxen.jpg

There are no off the shelf bushes available for the rear axle and arms on 4paws so bought some 2 part poly shit off ebay.

20160603_182515_zpsfnjdj4so.jpg

Will try a few non important parts first before i set about any axle bushes haha.

Got a TD04 off PaulstarletSR, he isnt actually dead he just doesnt like this forum. Sent that away to Midland turbo. It came back looking brand new! Although it was a good bit dearer than expected to get rebuilt, due to blades being damaged or something.. also didnt even get an invoice from them, which i thought was a bit shitty considering id spend a lot.

20160603_183914_zps05pugnep.jpg

Fitted it earlier today, still only running 0.6bar so its not mad quick but its ok for now :)

20160603_193523_zpsq8jt950t.jpg

My ultra racing lower 4 point brace wont arrive for another month, anyones guess if it even fits a 4paw.

Then after that comes its back to Stainless Creations to get the exhaust modifed at the front section to clear the ARB and brace 8)

Thats about it, engine still smokes like a bastard, stem seals and headgasket need doing, ticking time bomb.

• 2 weeks later...

Its been off the road the majority of that time haha.

I'll be on the look out for a ep91 daily soon i think, i have a Glanza shell here but lost my NCB so no point building a car i cant insure :/

My GT is the same she came to the uk in 2006 and has done 11 thousand miles lol constantly off the road!

Ah that's shit insurance is a bastard, Wee standerd starlets are great dailys tho I think they like abuse, I'm loving my sportif battering her over all the bumps not giving a shit hahah, i actually enjoy driving her more than my other starlts dont need to worry about stone chips or anything hahah,

Yeah insurance is a bastard haha, i was seriously struggling to get insurance for the 85 for a decent price.

Am gonna keep an eye out for a N/a in a month or two then take the 85 off the road before the gritters are out!

I have allways thought my insureance has been ok prepared to some of the prices you hear what people pay in bigger places.

I was actually hoping to get my GT on the road this year but as you say only a few months and the gritters will be out :( I'll keep an eye open for you to buddy :)