• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh even gt kitted they are sleeper as not many 4wd starllet gt's about haha, great progress made on this dan.

Yeah i know what you mean, there are so few GTs around here that nobody even knew what my GT was anyway lol. I have a 4EFE Corolla as a daily now so if i want a real sleeper i'll boost that :D

Progress was good in the first month or two abd then it died off lol.

Haha i know that feeling, i when balls deep for a month or so and bought so much shiney shit the "to do" list was mental and then had soooo many parts and spent so much that i sudenly couldnt see the end any more so lost all interest tbh.

• 2 months later...

Having a few issues with this :(

Got this boost problem, well lack of boost i think, car feels very boggy and hardly moves till way up the rev range. I'm certain its not an intercooler leak, core holds pressure and all pipes and joiners are solid. When core is bypassed its still the same. I've two different turbos here a VF12 and a VF10, same problem with each one, i know for sure the VF10 is ok because it ran bang on in my pals V. The VF12 visually looks perfect with no oil leakage or shaft play. The EWG is just an ebay one but its brand new. Issue is the same with o2 plugged in and also unplugged. I was using the standard 85 FPR, unsure what pressure it was so i bought a brand new adjustable FPR and the problem is still there, although i know the FPR is faulty because it wont adjust lol !!

I've got standard turbo injectors which seem to work ok, the ECU is from my GT so thats working. The ignition timing does need set but it shouldn't cause this. The throttle cable is adjusted perfectly.

You running GT map sensor. And you should always set your timing before driving. You could be retarded!

Yeah got a GT MAP sensor off a running MK3. And yeah i know just didnt have one to hand. Will get that sorted and retry.

Still think blocking off the wastegate for a test run to ensure that's fine is a good plan to be honest.

Yeah Shaun i got one of those blanks and it was the same so ruling out the wastegate.

Have you had the miming belt off at all?

I put a new one on when it was still N/a, i put the engine back in and it was 100%

Its only since ive put the turbo parts on its not been right.

Do you think a TPS would cause this ? I might unplug it and see if its improved.

There's a certain way to set tps isn't there?

Yeah with feeler gauges and a multimeter. Im using a Gen1 FE inlet & TB which are identical to the turbo ones but maybe the actual sensor is different who knows.

20 deck of superking blacks should do it

(A technical remedy for fault diagnosis)

I normally just throw things about and shout lol.

With the price of fags these days youd be aswell buying a smoke machine!

If you want to try another tps u can borrow one of mine mate;)

Thanks for the offer man, am certain ive another TB with a TPS on it buried in the car somewhere. Will dig it out and try.

So i'll set timing, set fueling once i get this fuckin FPR sorted and swap the TPS over.

My ignition timing was 1 degree retarded, set it to 10 BTDC, still the same. Set the TPS, still the same, fucked about with the knock sensor, still the same fuckin fault.

I know this fuckin shitey FPR i bought is fucked so thats obviously not helping matters. Does anyone know what pressure the N/a FPR runs at ? Same as a turbo starlet 2.4 bar ?

Think am gonna change the MAP sensor...

Just to recap, fault is very boggy on low revs, fine higher up rev range.

Anybody have any suggestions ? (apart from setting the bastard alight because thats very tempting atm)

I have thought about that yeah, sure its the one from my old GT, the car is still boggy with or without the o2 plugged in.

Hopefully im getting anothe FPR sent out or i might stick a standard turbo one on. Knock sensor is getting swapped because i thought it might be faulty and the timing was getting pulled back. Gonna get another MAP sensor. Also will have a look at the ignition system, dizzy setup came off a fully functioning car although i've not had a look at the cap or rotor arm, leads and plugs are brand new. Ignitor is from my old GT. Last resort is a new engine loom.

If it still faulty after that then i'll kill myself