• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan dont say such silly things!!

Give it to me not him haha, not had a blue one yet lol

Haha i'll fix the fucker even if it kills me haha.

Get it sorted and we can have a meet for the blue 85's. :)

Does mine count even though its got white doors lol ?

Should have a MAP sensor on the way soon, hopefully it runs a bit better. Then all i need is a side exit and its MOT time :)

Spent a bit of time sorting a few running problems with this, now its running bang on :D And ohh my god it fuckin flys now, revs up rapid and spools this VF12 quite easily i think :) Ran it out of petrol just there haha. Gonna be on the lookout for a TD/VF side exit soon :)

Glad to see it's all running right now! What's the vf12 equivalent to in the Td series? I'm on the side exit hunt too

Cheers bud im pretty happy :) Ehh its hard to say about the VF12, id say its around the same size as a TD05 16G, the exaust housing on this is similar to a P-20 housing. I have a VF10 here aswell that is a bit smaller with a P-15 kinda size exhaust housing but with the same comp housing as the VF12. I'll put that on if the VF12 is too laggy :) But the short ratio box on these rev a lot quicker than a GT so i'll just wait an see how it goes :)

• 6 months later...

Well not done fuck all to this for ages haha. Havent forgotten about it but got a bugeye WRX for a daily to do 4wd skids in the bad weather lol. One owner who was a 72 year old man so cant complain.

20150116_164612_zpsgol6hayo.jpg

20150116_164624_zpsqptxx73s.jpg

Anyway, recently picked up a spares GT gearbox to steal the 1st gear and put it in the 85, when i eventually get round to it lol.

And main news is i got a custom exhaust made for the 85, sounds pretty good :) Here is a few pics.

20150116_162131_zpsuk7vau30.jpg

20150116_162139_zps8p6atyrx.jpg

20150116_162148_zpsxffspfj2.jpg

20150116_162201_zpsrzfzjbyg.jpg

20150116_162214_zpsd8zlvcqd.jpg

20150116_162222_zpsnf0sb9di.jpg

Its a 2.5" system with a 3" exit :)

Looks minted Daniel!

Must say tho I didn't think it would fit well but looks spot on.

Wish I got something like that instead of my side exit!

Cheers man, it does fit quite well but it is still very tight, it will probably knock a bit over bumps.

The welding looks spot on dan, routing it over the axle must of been a headache for them.

Yeah they are the best place in the area, theyve got a very good reputation. Haha the dude said it was about as difficult as it gets, made up of loads of small sections and bends.

Next time slot the car courier has is Thursday so i'll get a vid up when i can :)

Nice exhaust buddy! Puts mine to shame aha

It does look incredibly close, the whole mid section. Does that knock at all over bump or under load?

Mine sits a lot lower but I had 3 people in the car and that doesn't knock which was a must for me, my fieata exhaust used to hit and it was the most annoying thing ever!

Nice exhaust buddy! Puts mine to shame aha

It does look incredibly close, the whole mid section. Does that knock at all over bump or under load?

Mine sits a lot lower but I had 3 people in the car and that doesn't knock which was a must for me, my fieata exhaust used to hit and it was the most annoying thing ever!

It is tucked right up against the floor so i am expecting it to knock occasionally. I will heatwrap it because i sits very close to the viscous coupling and last thing is that fuckin up! And havent actually driven it yet since its been done but should have the car back for the weekend :)

Was it the map sensor that was at fault bud? It's normally either a coil or map sensor issue if it only bogs/splutters/missfires at certain rpm range.

Exhaust looks sweet though, much prefer them out the back rather than the side exits.

Was it the map sensor that was at fault bud? It's normally either a coil or map sensor issue if it only bogs/splutters/missfires at certain rpm range.

Exhaust looks sweet though, much prefer them out the back rather than the side exits.

Turned out to be an ignition fault with the leads in the end. Over looked them at first because they were brand new. And cheers yeah i prefer a full system, just wish there was enough room to fit my 5zigen border 304 backbox in there haha, but the one he made up will do :)

Got the car quicker than expected so heres a quick vid i took during my lunch break lol. Ignore the sticker on the bumper lol my blue 85 bumper is going back on, and ignore my speccy pal in the car haha.

>http://youtu.be/BmWUtJSh18g

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Im really enjoying this build up thread of the starlet.
I recently bought a EP80 for myself and converting it into a GT.

I just had a few quick question.
Will coil overs from a Toyota Corolla fit in the EP85 and also need braking upgrades.
Thanks.

Sharif khan

• 1 month later...

So been a while since i updated this, done a couple of things to the car and bought some parts too.

Managed to get a pair of alloys that look slightly the same as my OZ, not identical but im not fussed, sent them away to get powder coated and fired a couple of rainsport 3s on them.

20150324_170144_zpslmea8jkr.jpg

Running these up front because, theyre only 6.5J but still having slight scrubbing issues. The OZ are on the back which are 7J.

20150324_180605_zpsjymtgk4j.jpg

Excuse the white doors lol, will be getting the car wrapped eventually along with the GT trims i have sitting. Probably wrapped something daft like urban camo haha.

First time id had the OSR wheel off since getting the exhaust done, its tight!

20150324_171933_zps8ebajwsu.jpg

20150324_172010_zpsggtbdoor.jpg

Also got an Greddy mechanical boost gauge, its slag mounted with cable ties at the moment lol, zero fucks given.

20150121_182908_zpsbarf5iyg.jpg

20150325_211904_zpsena7hoeh.jpg

Also got a FPR, after it arrived i had a glance over it and reckon its a rep but i'll fire it on and see how it goes, will be taking it to get the fuelling set up as soon as its MOT'd, so wont fit it until 5 mins before it goes on the dyno haha.

Been buying a few random other bits for it like rear fog kit, horn button, 10mm spacers etc.

And last thing i got rid of the WRX after the snow went away, took in a Celica 190 as a P/x

20150324_174702_zpsm7u4d05n.jpg

Its ok but with any luck it will be getting sold this weekend and a Lexus GS300 will be replacing it as my daily cruiser, fingers crossed :p

Edited by daniel_g

The 85 passed its mot today, although its not out on the road just yet, ive got a few little issues to sort, main one being the alternator belt snapped lol, which is weird because it was brand new... the car is running very hot, due to the waterpump not being able to turn. Also getting code 22, coolant temp sensor. So fair to say there are issues with the cooling system haha.

So next up is a new alternator belt, coolant temp sensor, coolant flush, and probably a low temp stat whilst im at it.

Also i cant sell my celica now and the GS300 will have to wait. All because of this fuckin starlet haha :p

Nice one on the mot Dan, exhaust looks even tighter than expected, remember having a look underneath Shorty's old 5dr and wondering how could it be done, good job there.

Wheels look a lot better than last time I seen them, very similar look to the Toms c3r.

" all because of this fuckin Starlet"

Lol always the way, they own you not the other way round, the gt is starting to control my life again ha.