I think i'll just be doing 2nd gear launches haha, how does it sit and feel through the corners with them ? I was possibly going to get coilovers at the front and then find some low drop springs for the rear.

Just dont want to be face down ass up lol.

It stiffened things up a lot more then I expected and loads of grip in the corners, even on the 14's I'm running. Would be of the hook with 15's.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just got the zooms all round and oem shocks. Handles a beast but not quite coilovers standard. N im not sure dude I've spoken to jarrod several times and he doesnt budge much on price :( is a piss take tbh. Surley selling some is better than selling none eh? Is the biggest downfall of the 4wd is suspension prices and gearbox ratios/lsd options

That sounds promising Devon !!

Yeah shorty well i dont think i'll bother with them meisters atm then, for that price i could have a decent turbo setup. I know Rich had them on the red V but apart from that i dont know who else bought them.

Niether do i tbh. I've driven a v on miesters n they are fantastic imo but the price for us is too high by a fair bit tbh. Just because we have a rarer variant doesnt mean we should get mugged lol. So changing subject what plans have you got then? Stock turboed engine? Forged ? Turbo choice?

My thoughts exactly, im not getting robbed for no good reason lol.

Right so plans... Well i've been thinking about this and i've decided to turbo this engine, and for a few good reasons. The only internal differences between the Gen1 FE and a GT FTE are the valve springs, the pistons and the headgasket, everything else is the same. ( or so im told lol ) Plus this engine is probably in much better condition than 90% of the FTEs, so its a good base in my eyes. Plus who doesn't like a slightly high comp turbo engine ? Haha.

Turbo wise, i stupidly sold my Zisco TD04 kit, i loved it but i found it was almost too responsive lol. So for this build i would like something a bit bigger. Probably a Zisco topmount kit with either a TD05 or a VF series of some description :)

• 2 weeks later...

So a small update, managed to get a few mins free about a week ago to actually work on this :) Just removed the AC stuff from the bay, rest is coming out when i remove the dash.

My FTE flywheel & Exedy 3 paddle arrived so i'll be fitting them at some point. Also got a set of GT shocks with lowering springs, i'll swap the rear shocks around so it sits a bit lower. It'll do as a temp solution :) No pics yet.

Also my Zisco topmount stuff came, manifold & screamer in mild with the down pipe in stainless. Just need to save a bit and source the rest of the stuff :)

Quick pic in a sec.

And cheers for the suspension Dave, its sits as high as a pilots piece-box on the standard 85 stuff, canny wait to get these on and have it lower. Scotland is 4paw capital man, if you look hard you will find one

Edited by daniel_g

No probs mate long as u can use them its all good. a ended up spraying all the pannals mate lol just to picky a think. but on the bright side they look demon lol. only got two left to paint then just the arch trims n bumbers. hoping to have it done for next wk end man. looks well better thow lol. ;)

Yeah thats cool Charlie, i'll be away for a week from friday so i could come and get the parts in about 2 weeks if its easier time wise ?

And thought they would all need done Dave, the bottom bits were in worse nick than i remembered. It'll look amazing when its all finished but :)

If i get round to it today i'll get this gearbox off to fit my new clutch/flywheel combo :)

Sound man, i didnt even get a chance to get the box off today, managed to get the exhaust off though. Also got a pair of OZ and rainsports.

20130826_162251_zps5ce8a008.jpg

20130826_161920_zps2723513a.jpg

20130826_161903_zps07e6c46c.jpg

And this is the clutch thats going in, not new but as good as :)

20130826_171622_zps8b91ac98.jpg

Also took a few pics of the underside which i'll stick in a seperate thread.

Cheers, Dan.

Edited by daniel_g

I had a little bit of time to work on this today, nothing exciting, just removed stuff from the bay.

20130827_192232_zps96a4b9a4.jpg

I also fitted the front shocks/lowering springs which brought the front down a little, still sits high but it is a 4WD haha.

20130827_203804_zps93625361.jpg

Im wondering about the panhard rod, does anyone know if its different to a GT one ? Got a feeling it will be.

20130826_162023_zps3a871fb1.jpg

Also, next time i start this up it'll be under turbo power, cant wait :D