Anyone raced a audi s3 or focus rs ?

Must be one hell of a shit driver then I expect starlet with around 210bhp to beat a remaped mk2 s3

Overestimating starlets there im afraid mate. Yes power to weight matters but on a decent stretch off track you will not leave them behind

As i said my mates is an 09 with an aggresive mapQuoted 315hp. I pulled away at first through 2nd 3rd and 4th but he wasnt miles away, second it was over 130-140 he was all over me, then started coming past.

And yeh the ones to watch out for are remapped A3, Leon Golf 2.0Turbos, there the same engine and a lot lighter. You may be surprised trying to race one of these one day!!

Overestimating starlets there im afraid mate. Yes power to weight matters but on a decent stretch off track you will not leave them behind

As i said my mates is an 09 with an aggresive mapQuoted 315hp. I pulled away at first through 2nd 3rd and 4th but he wasnt miles away, second it was over 130-140 he was all over me, then started coming past.

And yeh the ones to watch out for are remapped A3, Leon Golf 2.0Turbos, there the same engine and a lot lighter. You may be surprised trying to race one of these one day!!

What power you running?

I was running about 240, 1.1 Bar on a VF24 Which is a fair bit bigger than a TD04.

Dont get me wrong lower speed acceleration you will have them, But on a decent stretch of road they will get you.

If it beats it to 130 that's good enough its only a 1.3 remember

My brother has the older shape S3 (2003) 225bhp model with a front mount and remap running around 260 bhp. I've been in that and Iddys glanza and they are both completely different cars. S3's may not have a strong pull on straights but the handling. Oh my, brilliant, flies around corners. Don't get me wrong Glanza's/Gt's can handle well around corners with front and rear anti roll bars and what not. But a standard S3 vs a Standard starlet turbo (gt or glanza) the S3 would eat the starlet alive lol!!!

20vt's are under achieving shit bags, even with a remap. Most the cars they're fitting in weight 2x a starlet.

I'm talking from expirience of owning one too not just some hyped up hater

Golfs and Audis are obviously heavy due to size and luxury. The 1.8 can get huge power gains

Golfs and Audis are obviously heavy due to size and luxury. The 1.8 can get huge power gains

Don't really see the golf range as luxury. Some of the audis are a little. Any engine can produce good gains, but it at what cost reliability/effort/financial.

Don't really see the golf range as luxury. Some of the audis are a little. Any engine can produce good gains, but it at what cost reliability/effort/financial.

Well I wouldn't compare one to an e-class merc but its still well put together and looks good. They can handle up to 300 lbs ft of torque on a stock engine which seems pretty good to me