Insurance is a bitch full stop man :( I payed £2800 in my first year of driving in an R reg starlet gls :) and that was 2.5 years ago :)

Anything around the £2000-2500 mark is good :) there are many insurance threads on here if you look for them :)

James

Edited by jimmymac101

Tbh I think postcode is the main factor in your pricing other than age ofcourse.

I paid 1500 when I was 17 on a 1.3 fiesta flight #fannymagnet.

That was with me as a named driver with my mum as the main driver. Id recommend doing the same for the 1st couple years the amount you save doing that compared to what you save with an ncb is worth it.

I've always had my parents as named drivers with myself as the main driver. Putting them on halfed the cost at first. Payed 1.8K to insure my first car, Yaris T sport, that was about 2.5 years ago.

If you can save up and pay it in a oner it can bring the cost down considerably. For example, my GT was 1.1K paid full or 2K in monthly payments. That was only a few months back, 19 years old 0ncb.

Also put your car as being parked on the street, it was more expensive for me to put it was parked in a locked garage lol.