massive turbo lagg ep91

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bedside mechanics? Are you referring to any of us?

I think, he thinks your talking shit.

I can defiantly tell the guy before you was an animal. I don't rate the baileys valves much. Heard more bad stuff than good about them. The vac lines are really easy to sort out. Just need to get all the facts about the car and what's been done. That way you can work out what needs sorting. It would help to get better pictures

No none of you I just need somone that knows what there doing because I've been on other forums and they havnt got a clue what there on about because they read crap of the Internet. And by trade there a office worker that don't even know how a engine works but read it on wiki pedia and think that's how bit is I need Someone that has had the problem or low how it works

I'm not here to stay arguments, I'm a apprentice e mechanic by trade but new to jap scene, ask me about volkwagen and I could tell you straight away

No none of you I just need somone that knows what there doing because I've been on other forums and they havnt got a clue what there on about because they read crap of the Internet. And by trade there a office worker that don't even know how a engine works but read it on wiki pedia and think that's how bit is I need Someone that has had the problem or low how it works

I'm not here to stay arguments, I'm a apprentice e mechanic by trade but new to jap scene, ask me about volkwagen and I could tell you straight away

I've vehicle mechanic qualifications, expirience, I then moved onto an apprenticeship in heavy engineering and electrical I have all relevant qualifications plus a load of extras work was including fabrication welding hydraulics engines pneumatics heavy plant electrical electronic industrial and domestic electrics, along with a lot of other skills, and at the moment I'm serving as a tool and machine setter using engineering hydraulics pneumatics maintenance fault finding

(why things are being rejected and altering programming and profiles to iron out faults within the moulds) and working with 6 axis robotics as well as pneumatic robotic systems within the plastics production industry you can be assured

I'm not a pen pusher behind a keyboard, I do a lot of work on cars be it my own, families or friends. I've never had my car in a garage apart from the odd MOT.

I'm happy to help out with vac routes take some more pictures as there's possibly other bits that need addressing also. There not massively clear but I am on my phone I'll get on my laptop tomorrow and have a look if no one else does anything before me.

Right, first off I'd remove the hi/lo boost solenoid, it can be unplugged and taken off no issues this will also remove a restriction.

I'm guessing the A/C has been removed, if so you can remove the vac hosing to the right of the intake manifold, and un plug and discard the sensors.

Dedicate one of the spare nipples to the boost gauge, then plug the hole left in the T piece or remove it and link the pipes up or replace the pipe, or remove that dump valve (That could be giving you some issues).

Is there a boost controller?

How to remove the boost solenoid (restricts 1'st and 2'nd)

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?2277-Hi-Low-Solenoid-Bypass

Grant if you look closely it looks to me as if that pipe actually runs to the dump valve? looks like it's under the slam panel

Actuator should be and probably is (if my assumption is correct) taken from the side of the turbo

just a short bit of hose to replace the spare nipple you'll have on that tee piece once you single your vacuum lines down to separate sources/feeds

obviously that short bit of hose needs to blank the open nipple left on the t piece which can be done with a bolt

Run a tube off the small nipple facing forward on the inlet manifold to your dump valve. T off the fuel regulator on the end of the fuel rail for the boost gauge. The turbo to actuator pipe. You would want to get some form of boost controller and a new manifold as well