To sell or not

Really thinking about selling my TD04 V. I love it to drive, but its not exactly practical. Plus i'm going to be foing at least 50 miles a day with my new job.

I really fancy something a bit newer and comfier but still quick.

Don't be silly and sell it lol you'll regret it, I used to drive mine 20 miles to work and back every day and another 20 miles on top of that to go see my girlfriend lol and it was fine all stripped out in the back lol but your choice lol

I loved my V, hooning it down backoads or launching it up the strip at the Pod... But I do love my Bimmer on a long drive like that, get out feeling as fresh as you got in lol dunno if Ill be back in a Starlet for a while now, but this is my favourite forum b far so I just lurk around here! haha

Go bmw mate! That's what I'm in the process of and will have another starlet in a couple of years perhaps as a second car! :D

What you after mate?

My mates got a new Mini JCW and it's a heap of shite. Honestly it's spent more time having work done under warranty than it has on the road! His fron brakes seized up for the second time in 6 months, it's been with mini for 2 months now while they wait for a new caliper to come in! Bollocks to that.

Ibizas just feel a little... well... boring. But heyre decent for what they do.

I don't think I'd wanna finance anything except get a mortgage in a couple of years.

Yeah I had my 21st a month ago so can insure something quicker etc.

I think I'm gonna go for a 2007ish bmw e90 330d as do a fair amount of miles each week.

Using my dads st175 at the moment and it's a beast!!!! :D quick enough for me day to day and the bm's I'm looking at are quicker!!!! Remapped to 380ftlbw some of them with 230bhp! :D

im lowered on 40mm apex springs on kgb shocks, 16" rota fighters and evo recaros, pretty comfy, not too bumpy, plus my dad who has a dodgy back can drive it at distance without having to stop :) plus you wont get the smile you do when on boost :D

3 litre straight six 330 doesn't half sound good though!!!!! And they're quick! Also gotta love the RWD!!!! :D

If you're not fussed about mpg get an old merc 5.5 litre 500bhp monster! Found one on eBay a couple of weeks ago that started out in life costing £104,000 and not 22 years on... Up for 4k!!! That's a lota car for the money, okay it's 22 odd years old, and it's a merc but a mate of mine at one has an old diesel merc and says the parts aren't too expensive!

It's the supercharged ones I'm looking at.

Mind you his last MOT cost just shy of £1000!!! Can't remember what he had done but his work pays for his mot and insurance!!! Where he uses his car a lot for work. - bloody good isn't it!!!

Also the facelift ones had the power steering pump problem fixed to as a lot of them had gone wrong and cost £400 for a new one.

My £1200 bimmer, couldn't recommend one enough to be honest. Most car for the money I've ever brought! 328 Sport with the LSD etc and I've been averaging 32mpg due to a lotta motorway slogs recently.. 240bhp with a decent induction kit, m50 manifold and a remap. Worth a look!

C08B77C6-EC29-4731-A36C-D284B46D8B49-333