Hybrid turbo .... No power ????

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's just been built by Liam d so should be good ! And Craig that had it in his car before said that it worked etc etc i will try this gasket and see, and yea I shortened the arm but no difference and (speed vision)

Speed :bad: vision

how much did you shorten it?

is the actuater arm straight or pulling at an angle?

how do you have it plumbed in? direct from turbo nipple to actuater?

can you feel or hear any air leaking from the gaskets, use a piece of pipe to listen with

Edited by keirz

the fact its a speed vision is irrelevant, yes they are shit straight from speedvision,

but this one has been rebuild and balanced by the best in the business.....

i built it!

I have a similar issue. Im waiting on a answer to see if the 'wastegate gasket' is what i need too as i have no gasket between intercooler and turbo. I keep shortening the actuator and its making no difference(have less boost than standard now). I thinks its because i haven't got a proper pin an clip set up and have used a nut and bolt allowing slight play between actuator and the little bracket.

Would you charge me to fix it ? Text me dude 07718062680

Course not mate it should be a 2min job to identify it when you know what your doing.

I have a similar issue. Im waiting on a answer to see if the 'wastegate gasket' is what i need too as i have no gasket between intercooler and turbo. I keep shortening the actuator and its making no difference(have less boost than standard now). I thinks its because i haven't got a proper pin an clip set up and have used a nut and bolt allowing slight play between actuator and the little bracket.

Nah mate the wastegate gasket isnt what you need. Thats a gasket for a wastegate hence the name lol. Mind you if they are the same size it might work.

You need a CT9 hotpipe gasket. Just make 1 from a bit of cereal box. I have ran mine without one for years and its fine if you can get it tight enough and the surfaces are flat.

Edited by StuDoc 72

It looked the right sort of shape so assumed it may have been what i'm after. Ill give the cereal box ago later. It's really hard to fiddle with the actuator etc as i lengthen/shorten it, wait for the car to warm up then go for a blast to see what its boosting at. Find out the boost is too much/too low and everything is too hot to fiddle with again for another hour. doing my head in.