Tesco Super Unleaded

Hello all.

I know this maybe a bit of a stupid question, but is it ok to put Super Unleaded from Tesco into the Glanza V. Does it damage the engine? What RON is it as i've been told i need to use RON 99.

Its beneficial to me in terms of that the Tesco is only a mile from my house and its 7p cheaper a litre than BP ultimate which is about 1.5 miles from my house. I dont know what the price of Shell V Power is but im sure that'll probs be at least or not more than what BP Ultimate is per litre.

Thanks

I use Tesco Super Unleaded in mine. I have no problems. I uses it for the same reasons as you.

Only thing is Tesco seem to run out of Super Unleaded and I've had to use Unleaded in the past. That was fine too.

The RON is a measurement of the fuels autoignition resistance. Meaning that if the car is highly tuned, using a fuel with a lower RON number, the fuel could detonate without a spark, this is called knock, and it's not good.

Sorry to ramble but I hope that helps.

But to be safe use Super Unleaded or a premium fuel.

There were reports/rumours that over extended periods of times that Tesco's fuel would actually cause engine running issues...why? Cause apparently there was silicon dioxide in the fuel that would coat the oxygen sensors to the point that they would send incorrect signals and malfunction. Silicon Dioxide by the way...is sand :). Every little (grain of sand) Helps...

I was told SHELL are the best garages to get fuel from. I was told shell are the suppliers of fuel and they give you the best of what they drill, whereas when they sell it to places like tesco they "water" it down with additives.

Rosco also went on to explain that when your at tesco you fill up the tank and you can smell fuel, then it goes away even if your fuel cap is open?

He says at shell the petrol smell doesn't disappear like tescos does because its more pure and stronger...

theres nothing atall wrong with tesco 99 mate! infact its one of the best, someone carried out some tests and it came out better that shell v power (99 RON) and BP Ultimate (the 102 RON one!)

Ill have a look to see if i cant find the results....

Rob

Absolute bollocks about one fuel being better than the other,they all come from the same bloody depots!

Fresh fuel is more important,a garage that sells a lot of fuel will obviously have fuel thats in better condition.

I use tesco in all my recent performance cars with no issues at all.

I used to drive 9miles out my way just to get Optimax/Vpower -- I still use it in my Ibiza even though it's another 5p or 6p more expensive.

Luckily I stay about 30seconds from a shell garage now in my new flat :p