Jay's Forged Build *small update*

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So today my carpet came back alot cleaner than it left thanks to fordie_glanzaV, so carpet is back in and optional mats in aswell, a few little nigly bits left to do on the interior( i.e source a driver mat, drivers seatbelt, trd gearknob), so im off to spain for 3 weeks on 22nd and when i return i will be starting the exterior, i have sourced a 98 spec front bumper and wind deflectors already and when i get back to the uk i will be ordering a glanza S bonnet, some eyelids and a 98 splitter and blue tinted fogs. Also i will be then looking at a rear splitter and to finish off a livesports spoiler. So this is the last update for a while and am excited to get started on the exterior =D

I apologize about the pictures was on my phone :D

IMAG00281_zps80bbb371.jpg

IMAG00291_zps7971c9f4.jpg

i used to work with vinyl n shit, what you do is cut it to the shape of the window on the outisde, soak the inside with water and stick the film on and literally just heat shrink the tint then peel it off without it sticking and bosh it on as normal, was a right pain in the arse to the point where we stopped tinting and just carried on vinyl wrapping instead -.-

• 1 month later...

So in still in spain and my little one is here Now,will be back in the uk and cars going in a different direction as I've sourced a stage 2 forged engine and gearbox which will be going in february, am wanting to run a ballbearing turbo but unsure whats out there and what mods i will need to run around 300bhp so need to know what mods i will need, have an idea but not 100% and it will be running on a emanage.

Congratulations on little 1 mate. Hope all is good.

thanks bud, glad hes finally here, hope all is good with you too

where did u get the mats from?

the mats came out of my old glanza bud, missing drivers mat tho :(
  • 2 months later...

Havent updated in a while, kind of lost love and patience with the car atm so havent touched her since christmas as ive been too busy but picked up a forged lump for good money last weekend and got it sat in the bay, still lots to do before shes anywhere near being started though. Well heres a picture as she stands now after a quick clean

SAM_1277_zps9d7aa98a.jpg

Also anyone able to tell me which of these is a 98 indicator as they are both different so im guessing one is a clear lense on a 96 back

SAM_1278_zpsf359ba10.jpg

SAM_1279_zps6090a12f.jpg

Got a few other parts to fit, including

Genuine livesports eyebrows

98 Spec bumper

Oem wind deflectors

Benen tow hooks

But the exterior is all on hold until shes running as im fed up of her sat there

• 3 weeks later...

So clutch is being ordered next week and rad fitting kit has been ordered, then the gearbox can be fitted and then fully undersealed and exhaust fitted, getting excited now as its starting to come together, miss boosting, am looking for a few parts also so if you can help that would be great http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/78810-driveshafts-gearbox-bolts/#entry984384

• 2 weeks later...

So car is getting undersealed on tuesday and exhaust on hopefully, then drill and tap new thread for rad fitting kit, mean while i have got myself these two bits on their way from japland and fitted as soon as they get here

gotm1987-img600x449-1395546750nrfgrt1855

6e2e8_zpsec80a345.jpg

happy days, also sold front bumper and fitted new one but needs a respray but in no rush at the moment

SAM_1317_zps776ff28a.jpg

Edited by fremyjay

Coming along mate :)

Cheers bud coming along slowly

How long till this is road legal?

Will be a while yet probably not this year (will be running soon though) as ive got lots to pay out for and a holiday =D Hoping by january but depends if everything goes to plan

Edited by fremyjay

Cheers bud coming along slowly

Will be a while yet probably not this year (will be running soon though) as ive got lots to pay out for and a holiday =D Hoping by january but depends if everything goes to plan

What parts do you need? I looked for that indicator and only have a orange one left, and got about a million glanza bolts in a pot if you still need some lol

Managed to get flywheel bolts and gearbox bolts now bud, still looking for indicator been through all the jap auctions and they are all driver side!! Mainly just need pipes and bits to plumb the engine in, then turbo kit, clutch, driveshafts, intercooler, discs and pads, boost guage, rrfpr and lots more, but if you happen too have a fuel rail banjo bolt in there it would be awesome...