Jay's Forged Build *small update*

So this is a bit of an essay to start off so bare with me, a few of you may know me from the forums some of you not, so a few years ago i imported myself a 98 spec glanza and unfortunatly after a year a managed too roll it with left me gutted and in debt, bad times, i then had a silvery blue glanza rep followed by a silver glanza s. Missed my glanza so i brought a 97 spec shell to rebuild

DSC_0010_zps37a4b4c9.jpg

DSC_0012_zpsa31b5579.jpg

DSC_0013_zps46c7a822.jpg

So this morning i set about rooting through my attic too find some bits that i have lying around, then i progressed with starting the car, firstly the carpet was full of holes, so out it came and added to my list of parts i need, secondly someone had drilled 9 holes in the floor in different parts of the car so out with the silicone sealer, 98 spec lights fitted and i clean up inside. Thats all i have managed to get done now so next week i will be getting her up on stands and undersealing her

DSC_0014_zps774ba610.jpg

DSC_0016_zpsd3b6be89.jpg

DSC_0017_zpsbbf1b42b.jpg

So steering wheel is awful and will be changing to a 98 spec one once i source one, also i ordered some rear seats and brackets as i wasnt sure if it came with them and now i have two sets :D, i really hate the wheels, does anyone know what make they are??? Really wish my fiesta alloys were smaller as they would be perfect and are brand new

DSC_0018_zps4840c345.jpg

Current Spec

Exterior:

97 spec shell

kouki rear lights

rear oem splitter

Oem wind deflectors

Front one-off 98 bumper with smoothed in splitter

Rear blue tow hook

Lowering springs

15" Rays Te37's

Mitsuba alpha horns

Interior:

Full 98 spec interior

Airbag dash

Greddy turbo timer

Greddy profec 2 boost controller

Oem rear strutbrace

Oem mat set

Toyota etc

Rescueman 3

Multi-box

Key Barrel and footwell lights

Trd Gearknob

Apexi el backlight boost gauge

Engine

Stage 2 forged

Bored and notched

Weisco dished pistons

Scat rods

arp head bolts

arp shells

alc thrust washers

Ported and polished head

Spec 6 puk clutch

Civic rad

Kakimoto stainless exhaust

Top mount td04 turbo kit with turbosmart ewg

Large front mount

Solid shifter bushes

walbro fuel pump

Lots of parts still to source including

Coilovers (tein)

Oil cooler

Race spec rocker cover

Rrfpr

Greddy ecu and remap

Bride seats and takata harnesses

Rollcage

Carbon duck spoiler

Livesports spoiler

Livesports sideskirts

Carbon bonnet

Edited by fremyjay
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So today my 98 spec doorcards turned up from browner and also my carpet i ordered off ebay turned up too, once the weather died down i got the carpet fitted and cleaned, seat bolted down and interior plastics back in, took the doorcards off and the plastic to stop moisture getting in had been removed, so i set about making some new ones up. Managed to skint myself out with buying the car and the bits so apart from giving the interior a good clear and fitting the roof liner that will be all this month, its coming on now as i only need a few more bits for the interior and its done, then to start undersealing and sourcing an engine =]

DSC_0012_zpsd64a081a.jpg

DSC_0013_zpsbf478449.jpg

DSC_0015_zps71af82b1.jpg

DSC_0014_zps939bcc34.jpg

Edited by fremyjay
  • 4 weeks later...

So a small update as ive been busy with work lately, blacked out rear windows and generally cleaned the interior, had my set of wind deflectors from idrees turn up and some clips from jonnyep91. Also awiting a 98 spec dash from azza and some boot plastics from ebay. Hopefully i will get these fitted next week sometime, will get some photos once ive started some more work, still trying to source some parts so check out my wanted thread and if you can help would be grateful.

What else do you need? DASH loom? I have it here

Loom and some related gubbins from behind the control panel I would suspect, is it controlled via a motor or something?

I asked about it on toyotagtturbo around a year ago, do a search theres a little info in there if your interested in doing it.

Loom and some related gubbins from behind the control panel I would suspect, is it controlled via a motor or something?

I asked about it on toyotagtturbo around a year ago, do a search theres a little info in there if your interested in doing it.

I'm not. But my breaker had climate control. So seems sensible to try and save it all