Continuous Insurance Enforcement fines?

Evening lads & ladettes, I've got a bit of a crap situation which I'd be grateful for any help with!

Basically my insurance runs out on the 5th but I turn 25 on the 11th. Because of this, if I renew on the 6th my premium is £390 but if I do it on the 11th it's £280, go figure! If I renew on the 6th I also have to go a year without being able to drive other people's cars, which is a pain in the arse :/

Because of the CIE, I'll get a warning letter as soon as my insurance runs out and then a fine if I don't take any action. Basically I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this; I don't mind the warning but will I get fined within the 5 day window??

I can SORN to avoid all this but I'll want to undo it within days, which obviously isn't practical. Anyone have any bright ideas to help with this??Sorry for the waffle guys, bloody insurance!

i went about 2-3 months without telling the dvla what i was doing with my car with tax or insurance. got the letter that was it for insurance. tax wise i wasnt able to retax it online as it had a black spot against it. went to the post office explained why i hadn't sorned it etc and they were like meh ok heres your tax lol

Well I asked Aviva to delay my renewal by 6 days and they said they couldn't! Basically I'd have to let my policy run out and get a completely fresh quote lol! They also said they don't do price matches, which is a bit daft :/

I read online that temporary insurance apparently isn't sufficient for the DVLA :/ Not sure if that's true though!

If you guys haven't had any issues then I might just leave it and purchase the new policy to start on the 11th!