EP82 MK3 from Australia!!

Hey Errrrrybody, Im Scotty from Australia. I have been a part of the Starlet scene for about 2 years now.

First I had an EP82 MKI

image_zps490d37d9.jpg

image_zps0bee6ac2.jpg

image_zps56509451.jpg

Nicknamed the Zombie because of its aggressive "Apocalypse" style appearance. Great car, never let me down. Quite quick, however due to the "Budget build" attitude I took with it. I spent to much time working on it, and it became a chore.

About a month ago, the oppertunity came up to purchase a MINT MKII for a complete steal about 700pounds in your money.

The car is amazing, It has every possible Whiteline component under the car (all under 10000km old). It is equipped with a TD04L and Speedvision Manifold and dump pipe. Full exhaust system. Braided brake lines, and slotted rotors. SUNROOF!!!!! It also only has 112000km on the clock. Car will (for the mean time) be running a Buddyclub Brack Box PAP ECU until i get around to ordering a Power FC. Has been resprayed in jet black with a blue peral clear coat.

Plans for the car at the moment (as it has wiring gremlins) are to just to get it running. A mate is coming to help me get it running on the weekend, so fungers crossed. Will be switching back to the standard turbo setup as the current TD04 kit is getting an over hall. Will be converted to externally gated and will be rebuilt with the 19t front end. Also have the engine out of the old car which I will be building. Car will be equipped with BC racing coilovers and a few other goodies. Will be adding some 15x8 Buddyclub P1's in white to set off the exterior, and yes, there will be plenty of lowwwwww. Ill update this thread as much as possible. Hoping for around the 300hp mark. Car is being built for the street/time attack/sprints and occasion trip to the strip. Everything will be done properly this time, no corner will be cut. Feel free to express opinions, help with knowledge, and enjoy watching the car develop.

Any way, picturessssssssss:

photo3_zpse45b1bde.jpg

photo1_zps7369bfcc.jpg

photo4_zpsee904027.jpg

photo11_zps1e5d2775.jpg

photo21_zps919f50de.jpg

Edited by onthelowdown
  • 5 weeks later...

Sooooo coilovers are in. Very good ride. Bled the clutch and brake lines.

null_zpsf064156a.jpg

And then this happened.

http://s1063.photobu...2c9e06.mp4.html

http://s1063.photobu...70f700.mp4.html

The car is so close to finished now, I can taste it!! I can't wait to have this thing finished. Sooooo many hours poured in, in such a short time. Cant wait to have it at my house so I can start installing the rest of the goodies I have sitting there ready. Rookie is going to sort out the wiring for me and then I will be good. Pretty happy with myself, can't wait to give it a good cut and polish as the poor thing is sooooo dirty.

• 1 month later...

So its about 95% complete now. Taken it for a couple of drives the last couple of days.......its not slow. I thought the other car was rather quick. Bigger turbo mated with shorted cooler piping is GREAT, and the response is fantastic. Pretty sure the timing is a little out though. Rookie and I will be ironing out a few of the final bugs over the coming weeks. So HOPEFULLY, this thing should finally be fully road going by the new year. There have been a few moments where I have just about given up, but with the support of a few really awesome people, its almost there. I can't wait to take this car out. It is seriously IMMACULATE.

Anyway, the pics (excuse the quality, will get proper photos once its complete):

2BD7E0E5-660E-4069-9D71-A25E466C1D6E_zpsA35DF19E-774B-41CB-A205-8EC7D8BF8570_zpsCBA84C96-452F-4B2F-B79A-3C8FF627565C_zpsDF4D108C-DD6E-4313-84E6-78DA147AD52C_zps9DCF774B-3D0B-4C62-9DCB-48BCD4A41098_zps

The part of the exhaust that was missing.

DC165BF2-56AB-4DD4-A66E-14CB8EEBE1D8_zps

And just to prove that it has actually left the garage:

92FE4A3D-1577-46AB-A6F5-17D84846EC1A_zps