Hitting Fuel Cut..What are my options?..

My car is not very modified (currently). I have an air filter in the OEM air box's place.

a HKS Decat plumbed into a HKS Hi Silent Power exhaust.

If i use high boost in second gear and let it rev highly enough i hit fuel cut.

Basically, what are my options to avoid this.

I will be going TD04 in the next 3/4 months. I don't particularly want to spend alot as i need a short term resolution before i go TD04.

So, if i was to install a manual boost controller, and effectively lower the boost to lower than the factory OEM "high" setting would this stop me from hitting cut?

I'm guessing the decat is allowing the turbo to spool faster and fire out more air causing the issue.

I have a boost gauage and manual boost controller landing at my door either today or tommorow i would expect and i just want to know if this would work.

I also have a HKS adjustable actuator sat in my garage. But from reading up some have high .bar springs, and i'm unsure of what mine is. It's brand new and in the box but without instructions, it was a deal sweetener from when i purchased the car.

I would appreciate some guidance, as i really dont want to damage the engine. - Porting the wastegate isn't an options as i will be ripping the whole CT9 setup out Christmas time.

Thanks

Edited by Zeldoz

every time i've experienced fuel cut its far from bogging down..its a sudden jolt that sends you forward if you don't expect it.

I can feel it coming in. But i let off before i fully hit it!

I don't think there is anything else you can do than whats on there tbh. Suppose you could lower the boost so much that when it creeps it doesn't creep above fuel cut 0.85bar

That's basically what i was thinking. But wanted clarification it would work..

Im not a speed freak so running the lower boost isn't an issue. For temporary measures anyway!

Would it be worth fitting my HKS actuator along with the manual boost controller?

Then use my Boost gauge to setup the boost?

Edited by Zeldoz

i have told you alot of this man,in person,alot of it to the word.lol

We spoke in regards to TD04, but thats on hold for a month so i want safe boost on the CT9

Edited by Zeldoz

You can feel fuel cut coming before you hit it..

the options you have are either restrict the intake, or the exhaust. So put the airbox back on, that may help, or restrict your filter. Or, restrict the exhaust side, so put the cat back on, or fit a restricter ring in the exhaust.

A manual or any kind of boost controller cant lower boost from what it naturally boosts too. If its boosting to .9bar on its own, setting an EBC at 0.7 wont hold it back.

You can feel fuel cut coming before you hit it..

the options you have are either restrict the intake, or the exhaust. So put the airbox back on, that may help, or restrict your filter. Or, restrict the exhaust side, so put the cat back on, or fit a restricter ring in the exhaust.

A manual or any kind of boost controller cant lower boost from what it naturally boosts too. If its boosting to .9bar on its own, setting an EBC at 0.7 wont hold it back.

What if i was to put an adjustable HKS actuator on, set the boost to say 0.7 bar and then with the manual controller set that to 0.7 if it creeps it may be under fuel cut.

If it creeps over, lower the boost more?

Or you could get yourself a FPR and FCC :)

remove the fuel cut and add some fuel, but you'd need to know somebody with a wideband to get it set up.

but a ct9 @1bar with fuelling setup goes dead on, crude but good.

i happen to being selling both parts you would need for this setup, and if you were in ireland i could get your fuelling sorted too.

but your in east sussex :(

lol

Phil

What if i was to put an adjustable HKS actuator on, set the boost to say 0.7 bar and then with the manual controller set that to 0.7 if it creeps it may be under fuel cut.

If it creeps over, lower the boost more?

Its not that simple. its due to the size of the wastegate in the turbo housing. its not large enough to flow the amount of air your putting in, so again that wont make alot of difference. The other thing you can do is take the turbo apart and port the wastegate slightly.

The only way it could help is if your original actuator isnt opening the wastegate enough, but ive never seen that happen. Its usually the other way round.

Edited by RobSR