Calling all toyosport TD04 mani owners!!!

Hello and good morning uk starlet members, got a bit of a strange request here people but as some of you may or may not no i am currently putting a 4efte in a classic mini and i am looking around for a mani atm as you can probs guess it has to be small to fit in. The toyosport looks like the most compact TD04 mani out there (if anyone knows of any others that aren’t stupid prices please let me no) anyway i need a few measurements to see if it will fit before i buy, i have contacted toyosport but as of yet they don’t seem to interested lol

So i need two measurements the first being from the exhaust flange (where the gasket would be) to the outer most pipe (not the td04 flange as this has to be cut off and moved) picture below:

af96w2.jpg

And the second from the same place to the highest pipe

svj5fo.jpg

If someone could quickly measure this for me it would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Many thanks

Edited by TurboTD04

I can't help you with the measurements, but if you want a manifold to last don't buy a toyosports one. Made of cheap steel and you'll be taking it off because it's cracked within a month. Contact WEPR for a decent mani, some a pretty compact, if not drop him a message and I'm sure he'll be able too knock you something up. :)

Build sounds interesting tho! Do you have a progress thread?

for the shortes and smallest rout possible your best bet is to use any compact ct9 mani and use an adaptor plate for a td04

Ye I was thinking the ct9 route could then cut the ct9 flange off add a td04 flange in whatever position is best and an external wastegate but didn't no if a ct9 mani would be man enough to take the boost?

Ye I was thinking the ct9 route could then cut the ct9 flange off add a td04 flange in whatever position is best and an external wastegate but didn't no if a ct9 mani would be man enough to take the boost?

Dean @ RW Development does a convertor plate ;)

John

Right recon the options are

Option 1

Wepr ct9 uprated mani

Adaptor from ct9 to td04 with external waste gate

Option 2

Wepr TD04 with external waste gate

Thinking option 2 is a bit more appealing atm as it's one thing if the dimensions are right but option 1 I could choose what angle I want the turbo to be at but need to get a few more bits of info before I make my decision e.g. How much bhp the ct9 uprated mani can take and the dimensions of the TD04 mani

Edited by TurboTD04

Go for option 2 but I'm sure if you ask sasha he could make it slightly more compact.

A wepr ct9 mani and td04 mani will both take the same abuse, they are the same material made the same way. Just the shape / flanges that are different. I dont really rate adapter plates, yea its an alright cheap alternative if you already have a ct9 mani, but its another thing just to leak or go wrong. Do it right the first time :)

our Sr-series manifold is super compact for td04. am trying to get some measurements for you bro. i wouldn't use a ct9 manifold with a adapter plate. you need larger runners to support the flow of which the td04 is capable of.