xs power wastegate

Hey guys,

I can get my hand on a xs power wastegate to complete my td04 setup.

Now it is a cheap brand and I've read about their turbos failing and manifolds cracking but I'm wondering if any of you have experience running these wastegates.

They're tial knockoffs and I do know that a genuine tial spring fits the xs power wg.

I'm not aiming high power so .6 or .7 bar (180 - 200bhp?) should do the trick for me.

Thanks in advance,

Jurriën

XS power used to make an intercooler kit for the EP that was one of the best around at the time.

Agree with Phil, give it a go depending on how cheap it is.

I don't think they made the kit, it was an xs power core and pipework made by autofixed - an evo tuning garage.

Doesnt open, "item has been removed".

Also the link's referring to a v-band and I need a flange type.

The xs-power one is a tial knock-off, are there aby 'better' knock-offs around?

At least with the XS power wastegate it's made to a high enough quality that they are willing to put there name to it. That would bump it for me and I'd have one.

Plus a scooby bummer at work has been running one for ages on his 450bhp Rb5... Hasn't died yet.

XS power make shit tbh.

I remember when they made a GT45 kit for a supra, and all the compressor wheel nuts were coming off the turbo, as well as the manifold degrading on the inside and sending shards of mental through turbos aswell.

Dont skimp on something important, if that gate jams closed, goodbye turbo and engine.

Ive had cheap and expensive parts fall apart, i honestly doubt the difference sometimes.

maybe im abit disillusioned with it all lol

i would agree that if you have the money and you dont mind the more expensive parts will usually have a higher quality control in place. (though they may in essence be the same parts)

Phil