Car won't start - rapid clicking noise?

It's done this a few times since having my alarm system fitted, though the place that fitted it claim it's a problem with the car and not the alarm, I'm dubious about that....

The car disarms and unlocks fine, lights work etc, but when I turn the ignition key it just makes this rapid clicking noise..

They claim it's cause the battery is old or needs changing, but the engine isn't trying to turn over like it would if the battery was dying, and it's started fine through out the week when I've started it to move it off the drive.

It did this the other week and I had to jump start it, so I'm thinking it's something with the ignition... maybe caused by the alarm / immobiliser? It's weird that this has only been happening since having it fitted....

Thing is, will a new battery last the winter without much use?

I've got my company car now so only use the Glanza on the weekends, and if we get a heavy snow again it might not move for a week or 2..

How can I stop the new battery dying?

Go to Halfords and get a trickle charger, when it's left for a week or more at a time plug it in to keep it topped up.

Trickle chargers have a little harness that you can permanently wire on to the battery so it's just a quick plug in affair, better than messing around with crocodile clips lol :D

That's what I've always done :)