What's going on? Scrappage Scheme Tragedy!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem I saw with the scrappage scheme was that people that could afford to get finance etc on a new car were scrappimg mint cars, for example a reasonably low mileage, rust free ek vti was brought into our local honda dealership. Scrapped. We werent aloud to touch it. But people that couldnt afford a new car are left with their rusty manky deathtrap sheds.

Great idea to get the new car market on the move again, bad idea for the second hand car market.

I have a mk7 fiesta I brought on finance for work after my glanza s blew up as I couldn't afford to buy something outright and travelling 80 miles a day to work and back its comfortable for a run about but I would never have one over a glanza Tbh

Im 18 paying £342 a month for car insurance (yes I know im getting ass raped), however all my car, insuance , tax ,mot, everything is payed by me, im only a apprentice aswell just started my second year of hgv mechanics. However I know people who are 17 with brand new corsa`s and think there the dogs bollocks, the trouble is they dont appreciate what they have as they have it easy!.

Tbh I had this off my mates too, I sold my MK4 Golf to get my GTT and everyone was like your golf was so much newer and spec'd and modern what a downgrade OH EM GEEE etc etc, but the ones who understood cars, understood where I was coming from. I'm back in a 'modern' car now in the shape of a BMW 325i E90 and tbh I miss my GT and I'd love another one but needed something big/comfortable and I always get the stereotypes at my age in a BMW (I'm 20, and no it's not on finance and daddy didn't buy it for me). But I understand why people that aren't into cars do finance newer cars. It's to impress their mates and just have something easy to live with (in their eyes anyway) as in they can finance a new car, never have to worry about an MOT, live with their nice new car that really isn't theirs, then after the finance plan is up either pay the rest off and keep it, or trade for another new car and repeat. I'd never buy on finance cause the interest rapes you and I change cars too often but I do get why people do it. I admit I do miss seeing older cars on the road but wherever there's a car scene, there'll be older cooler 90's cars anyway! Just my opinion.

The problem I saw with the scrappage scheme was that people that could afford to get finance etc on a new car were scrappimg mint cars, for example a reasonably low mileage, rust free ek vti was brought into our local honda dealership. Scrapped. We werent aloud to touch it. But people that couldnt afford a new car are left with their rusty manky deathtrap sheds.

Great idea to get the new car market on the move again, bad idea for the second hand car market.

Some one local to me had a silver shogun evolution scrapped under the scrappage scheme but they kept it and sold it to someone who will have to re shell it. What could happen to them knowing this? Edited by Ep'd

Some one local to me had a silver shogun evolution scrapped under the scrappage scheme but they kept it and sold it to someone who will have to re shell it. What could happen to them knowing this?

I have no idea on the rules and regs around it, or what could happen. i just work for a multi manufacturer dealership and when i enquired about the civic it was a rather blunt "No, you aint having it. No one is."