Monkey NA Project

Is it just me or does your car look very Carribean Blue in them pics?

The colour of the car seems to vary with the light, sometimes it looks more blue, other times more green.

The original purchase receipt (which I have :)) says "Tropicana"

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A nice little before and after direct comparison

Before

DSC00358-1.jpg

After

DSC00446.jpg

You can really see how different light affects the colour of the car, green in the first pic, blue in the second.

Sportif sticker is off now too

nice wee update there, are you goin to keep the side mouldings?

I like the idea of having something there to stop idiots in car parks marking the doors. I've been sat in the car after grabbing some shopping and the person next to me has tapped the car with their door as they've got out. I try to park away from other people as best i can but sometimes it's unavoidable. I'll probably pull them off and get my mate to colour match them. It'll be cheaper to get them resprayed than a door if they get marked. Might get the mirrors and bases done at the same time.

^^^^^^^^shut up u tart!!!! u sayin my mirrors dont look good?? how rude simon!

just have them painted on the car man, no sense pullin them off for no reason incase u remove some paint by accident at the same time! and your paint ideas sound awesome, for an idea of the over all effect of colour coding everything u can have a gander at my car. i like it, just looks tidier to me, some people dont do the bases as they like to break up the colour but i dont see the point in that! MORE TROPICANA PAINT IS BETTER!

Phil.

edit: and get the handles done too!!!!!!!!

just have them painted on the car man, no sense pullin them off for no reason incase u remove some paint by accident at the same time! and your paint ideas sound awesome, for an idea of the over all effect of colour coding everything u can have a gander at my car. i like it, just looks tidier to me, some people dont do the bases as they like to break up the colour but i dont see the point in that! MORE TROPICANA PAINT IS BETTER!

Phil.

edit: and get the handles done too!!!!!!!!

Handles!!! What a sweet idea, hadn't thought of that. I need the car every day so I will get some mirrors and handles from a breakers, get them painted and stick them on. How easy is it to get the handles off, what does it involve? I know the mirrors are pretty easy. I reckon I'll go for the full colour coding rather than leaving the bases black tbh, I'd just prefer that, each to their own...

That looks well smart. If you lowered it aswell it would be amazing!!

I took my bump strips off because i prefer them off but your right about idiots banging the sides. I worry all the time about it even though i park miles away from wherever im parking up like a supermarket.

Keep up the good work!!

That looks well smart. If you lowered it aswell it would be amazing!!

I took my bump strips off because i prefer them off but your right about idiots banging the sides. I worry all the time about it even though i park miles away from wherever im parking up like a supermarket.

Keep up the good work!!

I do intend to lower it but haven't decided whether to go for springs and a panhard rod or save up and go for coilovers. Found out yesterday that my job is safe so should be getting a nice little payrise soon, extra moolah to spend on my baby :( Nightspirit tells me that a panhard rod is not essential with coilovers but is with just springs to maintain alignment?

Getting my SR springs off Bourkey once his Tein's arrive for Christmas :lol: Happy days!

Also gonna do a swap to SR door internals / cards / switches as the lack of central locking and keep-fit windows are pissing me off. Door cards and switches look like coming from a breakers, internals from Bourkey again (cheers dude :o)

Decided to go the lazy route on the sub front, it looked like a royal pain in the arse to try to build an enclosure for the sub I got off my mate so I bought a brand new, ready made enclosure and sub off ebay. Only cost me £35 plus p&p so probably worked out not much different than it would have been to put together a decent enclosure myself. The enclosure is supposed to be 'tuned' for the sub too apparently? I assume that's a benefit (<-- warning...warning...newbie alert!)

WestCoastOrion10Sub.jpg

It's a bit chavvy but not on show and sounds great, it's quite small too so doesn't take up too much boot space, which is nice. Just need to stop it sliding around in the boot now, will probably just velcro it so it can be removed without too much fuss if necessary. I put on "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" by the Propellerheads and ffwd to the bit where the huge bass comes in at around 6m15secs. It sounded so cool, I just sat there laughing my head off in my car, pathetic I know :lol:

I'm running a 2nd set of RCAs down to the boot 2moro so i can control the sub level from the headunit, some tracks really don't need massive thumping bass ha ha.

Paseo clocks are going in tomorrow too followed by a really detailed how2 with lots of nice pics (specially for Joz)

I can get the SR ones over to you then Junaid :)

Has anyone ever used a Fli 10 Active enclosure, the ones that have a built in amp and come in a kind of rounded toblerone shape? Any good?

Hi Mate

The springs and door stuff is all yours and waiting for you when your ready. Well when the springs come off of course.lol.

I have had the Fli 12" and i really liked the punch it gave. Well until i took it apart and built it into my boot and then it sounded even better.

Bourkey

Picked up my SR door cards from the breakers this morning :ph34r:

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

As soon as i pick up the door internals from Bourkey, I'll be rockin' and rollin'!

My breaker had a little surprise for me when I got there :lol:

He's just got another SR in this morning so I grabbed these:

DSC00493.jpg

They have virtually brand new Pirellis on them and very few marks so I won't need to refurb.

They were at a price that i really couldn't refuse and i assume they give me a bit more 'Starlet Kudos' than my current rims?

If anyone is after any SR clocks or a mint TTE spoiler let me know and I'll get a price for you.

Chris