What would you do in my situation?

Decat off then open the flap which the actuator erm actuates (you'll need to unclip the actuator) then bore out the hole which the flap covers - that is the wastegate.

an option, and with a magnet a pretty safe one.

Phil

Yeah, or just stick a rag in the wastegate first before attacking it.

Yeah it stopped creep had it with a standard ct9 and a hybrid and was spot on with both setups :) no waste gate porting :)

the limiting factor is still the wastegate Zeldoz, not convinced the lack of backpressure would make a significant difference,

but if Lees experience is truthful and he had boost creep and the lack of wastegate back pressure removed it, then it will help to some extent.

much like the duct tape on the airfilter i wouldnt be running out to buy a screamer pipe without a ex.gate for anyone!

Phil

the limiting factor is still the wastegate Zeldoz, not convinced the lack of backpressure would make a significant difference,

but if Lees experience is truthful and he had boost creep and the lack of wastegate back pressure removed it, then it will help to some extent.

much like the duct tape on the airfilter i wouldnt be running out to buy a screamer pipe without a ex.gate for anyone!

Phil

Worked well for me must of just been lucky or something :)

Worked well for me must of just been lucky or something :)

no no not calling you lucky mate, No, there is reason to believe it would help, (free up of the downstream of the waste-gate), i just dont see why it would help the wastegate flow alot.

but to be clear you are not just saying 'it worked well for me' nor 'it was spot on' but rather you are happy to confirm that you suffered from boost creep and then upon fitment this vent to air screamer it solved the boost creep issue??

Phil

Edited by Philm

I have a standard air box and pipe if you want it pm your address and if you cover the post you can have it!

Really appreciate that. But I can't be doing with fighting to get the EFI back on the turbo. It was a biatch to get off!!!

I'm going port the actuator I think. See if that does anything!

I was thinking something simple aswell, you might aswell keep your actuator and that for the tdo4, untill then id think about restricting the air flow somehow like downgrading your intake back to stock maybe? Im no pro but seems logical?

Really appreciate that. But I can't be doing with fighting to get the EFI back on the turbo. It was a biatch to get off!!!

I'm going port the actuator I think. See if that does anything

I know what you mean by the efi pipe back on the turbo, Remove your aircon pump (throw it over your shoulder in the direction of a civic) put a fine film of wd40 around the lip on the efi and you should be able to slide it on with ease.

ive ported my new turbo a fair bit, just gonna have it refurbished but when its in ill be running raised boost with a similar set up, ill let you know if it stops the creep if you havnt done yours yet