What would you do in my situation?

So basically as some may know i got my V bog standard.

So far my spec list is;

Standard CT9

Standard Actuator

Air Filter Relocation

FMIC

Baileys Dump Valve

HKS Decat

HKS Hi Power Exhaust

As you would imagine im getting boost creep. ANY gear i cannot put my foot past half throttle. If i floor it is will hit 0.8 and HOLD for a second until it creeps to cut. I know this is dangerous, i'm plodding around at the moment but it's becoming very hard to drive constantly watching my boost and keep low RPM.

So the creeping is my issue. I understand with the insane amounts of air it's now getting i can expect this. I didn't anticipate it being as bad as it is really.

So where should i go from here? In February i was planning on TD04'ing the car to elimate all this issues on the CT9.

I originally thought i could plod around until then, but it's just ridiculous and its nobody's fault but my own for doing the mods without thinking long and hard about the creeping scenario.

Now, i know porting the wastegate is essentially a free modification with the correct tools. I am contemplating doing this. But, getting the turbo/manifold/decat/Actuator off the car is really not appealing to me. It will be a days work i imagine and a ballache from the outset.

I have a brand new HKS adjustable actuator, and a manual boost controller i bought. I was planning on fitting the actuator at around 0.4 bar, and with the manual controller setting that at 0.4 bar hoping it may "help" the boost creep issues. I had hoped that if still creeps it wouldn't creep high enough for fuel cut allowing me to have full drivablilty off the car until i go down the TD04 route.

Would that be essentially another way of stopping it?

Just need some guidance, help and input as to what you guys would do in the same situation and also some words of wisdom from people that have been in my boat that im in now!

Thanks

Edited by Zeldoz

stock inlet track back on, give you more power without creep than tiddling round half throttle for sure.

stock airbox the heap.

Phil

My stock airbox got binned, along with all my EFI piping as i left it in the garage. The Mrs's went in to get some food out the freezer and binned it.

Women.......

Helped alot with me when i was runnig the stock ecu and was suffering with boost creep! Every engine is diffirent i also put the airbox back on during the winter to slow the flow of air going into the turbo that helped alot also

It dont always mean because it didnt work on tom dick or harry car its not going to work on yours!!! To many people reading to much shit these days

Edited by micky boy

My stock airbox got binned, along with all my EFI piping as i left it in the garage. The Mrs's went in to get some food out the freezer and binned it.

Women.......

she should ahve felt privilaged to keep her freezer in the garage not binned your gear lol

Phil

Helped alot with me when i was runnig the stock ecu and was suffering with boost creep! Every engine is diffirent i also put the airbox back on during the winter to slow the flow of air going into the turbo that helped alot also

did you only fit a hks acutator and boost controller and you reduced your creep? or did you change anything else at the same time?

Phil

Like phil said the boost controller won't really do a lot. The actuator won't really. To set it so it doesn't boost a lot, the arm would have to be so far wound out the waste gate would probably already be open making it laggy as hell.

Restrict the inlet or exhaust. Thats your only option.

Edited by RobSR

*sigh*.. Depressing times.

How could i restrict the air filter? Duck tape all the front so it will only get "x" amount from behind it?

What about getting the drill and porting the wastegate? Is that easily goofed up?

the boost controller can only bleed pressure to keep the wastegate closed longer, no help whatsoever

the strongest actuator in the world cant help lower boost it job is the opposite, to hold the wastegate closed and then release at a certain pressure.

when the internal wastegate is the limitation, you cant mask it or help it all without either restricting the flow upstream (intake track restriction) or increasing the downstream pressure(exhaust back pressure)

Phil

I still have the standard efi pipe on and creeping like crazy too..staying away from a relocation for sure. I know its crude but i'm considering the fuel cut defender and rrfpr and getting it setup professionally option if porting the wastegate doesn't work

I still have the standard efi pipe on and creeping like crazy too..staying away from a relocation for sure. I know its crude but i'm considering the fuel cut defender and rrfpr and getting it setup professionally option if porting the wastegate doesn't work

good option, so long as its setup right.

Phil

I looked into it, and it doesn't look to bad. I can't see how you could damage the housing too badly, Just steady and slow as you go..

How much would need to be trimmed away to allow the flow to increase?

Port the wastegate with the turbo in place if you can't be arsed taking it off, there should be enough room.

Take it out as much as you can, put some tipex on the very edge of the flap and close it so it marks around the wastegate then port it out close to that line but no further.

Port the wastegate with the turbo in place if you can't be arsed taking it off, there should be enough room.

Take it out as much as you can, put some tipex on the very edge of the flap and close it so it marks around the wastegate then port it out close to that line but no further.

Just so i can get my head around it. Do you port where the decat top flange sits? - Basically decat off, and then i have access to the wastegate and the area i need to pot?

Edited by Zeldoz

an option, and with a magnet a pretty safe one.

Phil