Serious help needed ASAP.

map sensor been checked??

if its popped or a slit hose, it will run rough as hell..

if you have a spare maybe worth swapping over.

I don't think I have a spare one man nope :(.. I'll check over that though!

Took the plugs out and they were black as hell, all of them!! So wire bushed them up n they are shining and they were already gapped to 0.8 so that's good.

I think it might be my fuel pump? Just turned the car on to try the plugs and sat inside and it sounds fucking rank, the fuel pump doesn't sound like the normal 255 buzz it sounds proper proper horrible like an aux belt squeak!!!

post up a video, stock fuel pressure is 2.4bar area, if you can post a video of the way it's running we maybe able to give some more helpful info

Ignore the rattle type noise, it was just my boost pipe on the chassis lol, I held my hand on it half way through the vid to stop it.

th_VIDEO0020_zpse98245e9.jpg

Edited by Rbz.

Can hear that hunting, sounds like a bit of a knock/tap is that just the affect of the video? It's not incredibly easy to hear when you say running shit, what exactly are the symptoms? does it behave as it should on boost?

Just the video, other things rattling like boost pipes lol.

It's rough, bogy, very very low idle compared to normal and not smooth at all. It doesn't hunt anymore but the other stuff is still the same.

And I don't know, I don't want to hit boost incase it dets. Then I really will be in the shit. But for argument sakes I should imagine not no.

Fuel pump sounds weird as mentioned above and have been suggested map sensor too. So I really do not know.

I'm going to check over the ignition side of things i.e dizzy and rotor arm and change king lead as I have a spare one.

Try the original pump, does sound like it could be map sensor, has the timing been fiddled with at all ignition or engine? Can you compression test it for piece of mind? Did it get tested before you got it? Change the pressure reg or the setting to same as old. I have a few bits here if you need anything let me know I may have other engine bits left laying around that could be worth trying but sounds like you have most. Can you try that old MAP sensor that was on your car before I changed it?

Try the original pump, does sound like it could be map sensor, has the timing been fiddled with at all ignition or engine? Can you compression test it for piece of mind? Did it get tested before you got it? Change the pressure reg or the setting to same as old. I have a few bits here if you need anything let me know I may have other engine bits left laying around that could be worth trying but sounds like you have most. Can you try that old MAP sensor that was on your car before I changed it?

I don't have it, got rid of that ages ago, the 255 has been ok for over a year now surprising for an ebay one..

I honestly don't know, but i'm going to get it checked!

Nope, because I know the car it came out of so I didn't check compression or anything.. Had no reason to tbh.

I don't know where that has gone either man haha, might be in the shed in a box but if not do you have a spare oem map sensor?

The only thing I haven't done since putting the new engine is turn up the fuel pressure to what it was on my old engine (4 bar). It's currently on 3bar, so would that be the issue? The fact I boosted at over a bar of boost on only 3bar of fuel????

^

3Bar will be running lean on something flowing that of a GT28@1Bar