Serious help needed ASAP.

Just went to take the glanza out to meet a few friends.. Off I go all was well, about 8 miles into my drive and I come off a corner and hit boost.. It popd and banged and hesitated then stopped and carried off but by then I had let off the throttle.

I carried on, for some reason.. and eventually pulled over to see what was up, when I pulled over the idle dipped right down and was hunting from about 800rpm to 1000rpm. Sounded proper shit.

I duno what the problem is!? All vac pipes are on, everything I can see visually is on and secure.

The only thing I haven't done since putting the new engine is turn up the fuel pressure to what it was on my old engine (4 bar). It's currently on 3bar, so would that be the issue? The fact I boosted at over a bar of boost on only 3bar of fuel????

Running a jam fcd too if that helps anything.

Limped it home, proper jank!! Idles rough and hunts the same.

HELP!!!

Go for heat range 7 and gap to 0.8mm.

cheers bud :)

Just went to take the glanza out to meet a few friends.. Off I go all was well, about 8 miles into my drive and I come off a corner and hit boost.. It popd and banged and hesitated then stopped and carried off but by then I had let off the throttle.

I carried on, for some reason.. and eventually pulled over to see what was up, when I pulled over the idle dipped right down and was hunting from about 800rpm to 1000rpm. Sounded proper shit.

I duno what the problem is!? All vac pipes are on, everything I can see visually is on and secure.

The only thing I haven't done since putting the new engine is turn up the fuel pressure to what it was on my old engine (4 bar). It's currently on 3bar, so would that be the issue? The fact I boosted at over a bar of boost on only 3bar of fuel????

Running a jam fcd too if that helps anything.

Limped it home, proper jank!! Idles rough and hunts the same.

HELP!!!

and back on track

Sorry bud

No probs hope yours is ok.

I'm going to take out my plugs tomorrow and see what the gap is and take it from there.

What kind of mods do you have and what turbo? Do you have an fpr?

ive got fcd sld fpr hks actuator. Blitz front mount. Kakimoto exhaust decat and a zisco manifold (stock type) filter relocated with hks mushroom hks ssqv on a ct9b running 1.0 bar

Chances are your plugs just need gapping if you are having the same problem!

I'm thinking the same for me, as I just went forged and the engine I put in I haven't checked the plugs yet and im running over 1 bar of boost on my garrett gt28 so chances are it's blowing the spark out where the spark is too long. I'll do mine in the morning.

But I want to know why mine went really rough and is hunting :/

Chances are your plugs just need gapping if you are having the same problem!

I'm thinking the same for me, as I just went forged and the engine I put in I haven't checked the plugs yet and im running over 1 bar of boost on my garrett gt28 so chances are it's blowing the spark out where the spark is too long. I'll do mine in the morning.

But I want to know why mine went really rough and is hunting :/

thats the thing I've built mine up to safely run 1.0bar until I can forge it and go standalone management and big power build.ill have a butchers aswell.i gotta check my turbo soon aswell as it's burning oil but not much and get a little oily puff occasionally and it don't like starting when warm either lol

i thought standard glanza fuel pressure was around 3.4 3.5?

It's 2.4 isn't it? I'm putting my old fpr back on tomorrow cause I know its set to what it was before I put the new engine in with the fpr on.

thats the thing I've built mine up to safely run 1.0bar until I can forge it and go standalone management and big power build.ill have a butchers aswell.i gotta check my turbo soon aswell as it's burning oil but not much and get a little oily puff occasionally and it don't like starting when warm either lol

Cool man yeah just check the plugs are gapped first mate!

i think its up in the 3's dude. thats why my engines never lasted because of a faulty guage on my fpr. it was showing 3.6bar but only giving 2.7 so i was running really lean and killed off a few sets of ringlands

May be 3.4 then man! My bad.

Shit that sucks man, what fpr was that?

I read it was 3 bar to 1 bar of boost, I also read to set it to 3 bar (without the vac hose connected) to be safe but it ran lumpy and bogged out in higher revs! My mate done a bit of maths, and worked it out and got it running perfect until I get my wideband fitted!

Base fuel pressure is 2.3/2.4 bar.

Are you sure you haven't popped off an intercooler hose? Thats what it sounds like to me.

I don't think so man, I checked them all but will check again for sure.

And popping off an intercooler hose wouldn't make the revs drop and hunt for idle/make it run rough :s.