Hello guys and gels,

Been looking at maybe buying a glanza for a month now, Ive just got rid of my FTO GPX and like the look of a starlet too many ( old folkes)!, dont know much about these, but all I know is I want a turbo car and I aint bothered about a scooby because everyone has them, hence why I think the starlet looks kewl, not many about round here anyway. Anyone got any tips on looking at them, anyone got one on here around the Alfreton area ( derbyshire ) where I might be able to have a peek at ? also am I too old for 1, Im 30 and supposed to be grown up now, but Im still like a clown and 18 at heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers

Husko

Hey pal, welcome to the club.

30's not too old mate, especially if your young at heart. Good way to be.

General suspension and C.V joints checks, paintwork, check the engine bay for any oils and any excess smoke out the back, and check the boost isn't going over around 0.9 bar if its standardish. Just the usual things too.

kewl, well I know its a bit different from the crowd when I was in FTO owners club and JAE and other meets, they were too boring and serious, I like a laugh and Im always getting bollocked for acting daft, I aint ever had a turbo car, hence the interest, they are pretty cheap, and I presume not bad on fuel and insurance, I got 12 yrs no claims and plenty of coin so Im gonna get one I reckon!!!

Like I say, Ive never had a turbo car, ( cant count the HDI turbo diesel I have !!) so not sure what it should look like or run like, I might need some help if I spot one thats nice, by the way what about ebay, I have seen a few nice ones on there with some mod's like induction kit, straight thru stainless no cat, boost timer and stuff, are these things something that make it more appealing, or is it better to get a " fresh " import and do them yourself

cheers for the warm welcome, hopefully I ll get one ( but i do have more fads than anyone so this may not last!)

how quick are these beasts aswell? Ive been told that they are quicker than WRX etc etc?

Husko

Welcome aboard :D

30 is way to old!! Lol kidding, my dad's 49 and still has little sports cars lol.

The first link is a glanza, normally 96-99 year, 2nd link is the GT Quadlight version which i believe is 94-96?

To be honest, don't expect too much from a 1300cc starlet, you will need a bit of mods to get it going as standard it is only 133hp. your best bet is to find one local for sale and test drive one and see what you really think of them.

So what did your FTO look like? :D

Enjoy your stay and hope you find the starlet you want.

this was my FTO, did JAE last yr and year before, but I always noticed the discos and proper mad parties were never in the FTO field, always looked more fun at the subaru site (and fitter girls!) etc :

06_large.jpg

went from that FTO to this camper that i restored myself:

DSCF0028-1.jpg

need something pokey and rapid, so ill get a drive in one thats modded and see what I think, thanks for the help

Husko

also, I see the little differences between the 2 versions in the 2 links i have put, whats the differences between them for performance wise, does 1 cost more to mod because of different parts?, does 1 go better?

this is fun, its like the 2 months research I did before I got my FTO!!! loads of noob Q's!!!!

Husko

performance wise are much the same standard, but the GT weighs less than the glanza, only by a little. As in mod prices, glanza is probably a little bit more (could be wrong), as some parts are different for the GT and Glanza e.g HKS actuator. Or like bodykits that are quite rare.

But all comes to own taste in whichever you like the look of and drive of :D As people think the glanza looks like a micra.... IT DOESNT! lol

Did u see our stand at JAE?

missed your stand at JAE, seen the micra boys bless them! I dunno what Im after, just a kewl , cheap to run little car, other than these Im looking at a pre 1973 beetle, but they cost loads to mod up with decent engines and twin carbs on!

Theres a GT ( i think) in pinxton I like the look of, Ill try and flag him/her down, need to see how well they go!

Husko

im sorry but theres not a chance u missed our stand at JAE 07 considering we were directly infront of u! i even recognise your car from it! one of your members came over and pissed against Woody's car, thats how close our 2fields were together!

van looks awesome man!!! would love to see some more pics of that!

Phil.

http://www.4youngdrivers.co.uk/

Thats where i found mine (use a fake name, email, phone numba n stuf or the call u n send stuf thru etc)

also try Endsleigh but u hav 2 go thru a bit of a mish of stuf 2 fill out before they giv u a quote

JAG

4youngdrivers.......... :D :D only joking Husko. Erm.... adrian flux is good with mods and stuff declared. Swinton maybe try that company.

Shelly your dads younger than mine and yet your like 15 years older than me.

Nice job on the camper van mate.

Gaz...... 15 years older than u, more like 4years lol. My dad was a young dad, my mum's only 20years older than me :D

im sorry but theres not a chance u missed our stand at JAE 07 considering we were directly infront of u! i even recognise your car from it! one of your members came over and pissed against Woody's car, thats how close our 2fields were together!

van looks awesome man!!! would love to see some more pics of that!

Phil.

That's what i was gonna say Phil, FTO stand right opposite us :D

Yes mate sorry for the confusion, I havent had a FTO for a while,got rid last year for the camper, so the FTO is now Diablos of Derby ao it still knocks about round here, I did JAE 2005 and 2006, not this year, but still, I didnt even know what a starlet really was until a couple of weeks ago so probably still wouldnt have noticed mate TBH!

Just had a reply for the quote, £880, not a chance Mr Adrian Flux, thats only with 1 yrs no claims, but I have 10 from my other policy, see what diff it makes to change it

Husko.

DSCF0027-1.jpg

DSCF0330.jpg

DSCF0196.jpg

Bay vans are proper kewl, but this thing bled me dry of all my hard earnt savings, the welding, the spray job ( with a bit of glitter) the new units, sink,new seats, electric water etc etc bed lcd TV cost me a bomb, and it kept breaking down to be fair, very unreliable, BUT the best fun ever!!!