Anybody put speakers in the doors of a starlet?

Hmmm. Every time i attempt something on the car it aways turns out to be miles more complicated that it first looked.

Oh yeah and if anyones starlet has a slightly unfresh smell ;) , check the mankey carboard door cards mine were a bit damp in the corner where the speaker will go (hopefully) and a bit mouldy so im leaving them by the radiator over night.

Im deciding wether i will try and recover the door card fabric with the material off the evo8 interior i have in the loft to match my recaros, when i get them fitted, while the door cards are out :)

did u bother with the brackets or just puttin the rings straight on the door?

Im just going to bolt the mdf spacer rings to the metal door frame mate, ozmale from the au starlet forum sent me these pics of how he mounted his, he actually mounted 6 inch speakers in the doors instead of 130mm that i will be doing.

P1010564.jpg

P1010563.jpg

P1010562.jpg

Ive got a box of dynamat xtreme to cover both the doors so i will be putting that on aswell, got it from ebay.com saved about £25. Just waiting on the mdf rings to come now (also off ebay) i didnt realise how heavy the stuff was! :-(

i havent decided where im going to mount the tweeters yet. theres different fixings with them, i think i like the look of the45 degree angle mount.

Well mine are turning into an absolute nightmare! i was messing with them all afternoon yesterday and ive got rained off now. i just cant get the mdf rings mounted in the right place so that the speaker doesnt hit the door frame, and fits inside the pod properly. Ive about had enough tbh.

Iive had to chop the fuck out of the speaker pods, hammer the door frame back and cut some bits out of it aswel. i think my speakers are just to big.

:p ;) :p

Those look great muddyell! very well made.

i have done mate, it must just be the depth of them. if i dont atleast get one one done tomorrow im just taking it to a car audio place just down the road, give them all the stuff and say "sort it"

• 2 weeks later...

Well ive finally got mine fitted and the components wired up and they sound great. But one has stopped working for some reason?? the wiring looks good and i soldered the new wires into the wires going to the head unit so there ok.