TD04 - Internal or External Wastegate..

Basically starting to buy all my items for TD04 piece by piece as of this Friday.

The manifold is the first thing i'll be buying. I plan on running a TD04 @ 1bar. 1.1bar at a PUSH but i dont see me doing it and worrying about reliability everytime i drive it.

I can't decide between internal and external wastegate. I already have a HKS adjustable actuator brand new which is unfitted. So i could use that on the TD04 i presume?

Can someone with knowledge enlighten me the pro's and cons. I've done a google search and most of the blurb is to do with hi and low boost levels, as to weather they go internal or external.

Thanks? I just confused myself trying to work out what route to go!

Externally Gated is the more costly option...

HOWEVER, it will hold boost so much better, it will sound, so much better too!

I doubt you could get the HKS actuator designed for a ct9 to work with a TD04... Wont be long enough as a guess..

I will have a turbo kit up for sale this afternoon all being well.... Keep your eyes peeled on for sale section...

Externally Gated is the more costly option...

HOWEVER, it will hold boost so much better, it will sound, so much better too!

I doubt you could get the HKS actuator designed for a ct9 to work with a TD04... Wont be long enough as a guess..

I will have a turbo kit up for sale this afternoon all being well.... Keep your eyes peeled on for sale section...

I noticed the costs involved will be higher with the wastegate and manifold being different.

I dont even know if the actuator is for the CT9!? If it is, what's the rough price i could sell it on for do you know? It's brand new and boxed with all its bits. Can raise some funds towards TD04 i guess!

you'd get 60 for the hks actuator.

and go external, like sockman says, its the only way to control boost without hassle.

Phil

What hassle is involved of internal then? I just want to weigh up both sides.

Looked @ external wastegates. MEGA bucks. Didn't i read somewhere people use the £60 eBay TIAL knockoffs with geniune TIAL springs and they work ok? Would this be an option to save some money or will this be laughed at and frowned upon?

Internally gated... Youll have to fabricate a mount for the actuator as rotating the housings puts it all out of alignment....

Boost will be so much more stable on external it really is worth the extra money!

Hmm, I want to do it properly. So i guess TD04 will be delayed by a month or so.

eBay wastegate with TIAL spring? Opinion?

Hmm, I want to do it properly. So i guess TD04 will be delayed by a month or so.

eBay wastegate with TIAL spring? Opinion?

Dont even bother with the ebay one's mate they are shite

Get a genuine one and be done with it

I had an ebay years ago was shite mate

Buy cheap buy twice lad

Edited by Jamie_VF22

Dont even bother with the ebay one's mate they are shite

Get a genuine one and be done with it

I had an ebay years ago was shite mate

Buy cheap buy twice lad

This TD04 business will be costly.. It better be worth it!

This TD04 business will be costly.. It better be worth it!

It is mate the wait will be worth it in the end buddy you will be buzzing the first time you hit boost on TD04

As socks said go external wastegate as the boost will be so much more stable on external

EWG is just so much better man, and if you dont like screamers then the screamer can be re-routed back into the downpipe, infact if you are buying a brand new kit then Zisco, WEPR etc will do that on request for you.

I was thinking of the Zicco Externally gated kit. Never heard a screamer tbh.. Will be new to be.. Was £470 for the mani, and downpipe. Are WEPR any better or any cheaper etc?

WEPR FTW mate

Its around £426 for a E/W manifold and decat from WEPR

Here is there prices

Td04 manifold m/s--$390usd shipped
Td04 manifold m/s with ext.gate option--$415usd shipped
td04 manifold 321 s/s--$550usd shipped
td04 manifold 321 s/s with ext.gate option--$575usd shipped
td04 downpipe to suit--$275usd shipped
td04 fmic kit to suit--$690usd shipped
td04 fmic piping kit only--$290usd shipped
td04 turbo to fmic pipe only--$150usd shipped
cold air intake pipe--$105usd shipped
oil feed/oil return/banjo bolt/washers/water feed nipples--$150usd shipped
Hybrid td04 turbo--$1200usd shipped

Edited by Jamie_VF22

Managed to navigate the webby in the end. Didn't see the options on the right..

They dont have pictures, but they have an offer for the following;

TD04/TD05 m/s Ram Style manifold(equal length)/downpipe --$545usd+pp fees shipped (regular retail $725) - £350 give or take...

or;

TD04/TD05 m/s Ram Style ext.gate manifold(equal length)/downpipe/FREE screamer pipe--$560usd shipped+pp fees ( regular retail $800)

or;

TD04/TD05 m/s SR-series manifold/downpipe --$495usd shipped+pp fees (regular retail $665)

Which is the better kit?