where does your temp needle sit?

my temperature needle has always sat at the same spot ever since ive has it, (a tiny bit below half way) i have started noticing that its dropping a bit below that at the mo just during normal driving... i suspect it might be the thermostat but i just wanted to see if anyone elses needle drops this low?

dial.jpg

this is after a hour driving! it'll go up if i boot it, but it just seems to like sitting here now!

Mine is actually sitting a little below that most of the time now. It used to sit where Si suggested but I've noticed it fluctuating more recently, it will go up when driven hard as you say.

I'm notreally worrying about it aslong as its not overheating.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
my temperature needle has always sat at the same spot ever since ive has it, (a tiny bit below half way) i have started noticing that its dropping a bit below that at the mo just during normal driving... i suspect it might be the thermostat but i just wanted to see if anyone elses needle drops this low?

this is after a hour driving! it'll go up if i boot it, but it just seems to like sitting here now!

my needle seems to be going the same as yours i just put it down to the colder weather ?

it sits just above quater way up unless i boot it or sit at a standstill then it goes up to half way.

i have recently changed the coolant though ?!?!?

if it is the thermostat will it do any harm if you dont change it ?

my needle seems to be going the same as yours i just put it down to the colder weather ?

it sits just above quater way up unless i boot it or sit at a standstill then it goes up to half way.

i have recently changed the coolant though ?!?!?

if it is the thermostat will it do any harm if you dont change it ?

Well your engine won't be running at itsproper operating temperature so its better to get it changed. It only costs like 15 quid for a new thermostat and is piss easy to change.:p

• 6 months later...
Mine stays just below the halfway too. But my fan comes on sometimes. Is that right ? Also the coolant is just the usual water right ? nothing fancy added etc ? Cheers.

D

Yeah thats normal. if you just use water it will freeze in winter, not really that good!

You can get proper toyota "for life" coolant which is red or the similar stuff from halfords.