temp 4efe turbo, few questions

rite, really missing my gt since it threw its guts out the side of the block

901701_587226437963719_1216746853_o.jpg

894570_577508642268832_287374790_o.jpg

892110_578023968883966_1061339831_o.jpg

so i have been reading up on the 4efe turbo conversion, and now an engine has come up locally at a good price.

my plans were -

4efte head (newly rebuilt)

1.9mm metal head gasket (bought for 5e, but now changing to 1.4)

stock 4efe bottom end

holes drilled/tapped for the filter housing

not sure if it has a knock sensor hole, will put 1 in if not

fte sump/pickup

externally gated td04L (its all i have, i think the gt2871r would mayb be too much, tho might try it for fun when the 5e is built :D lol)

plus all the supporting mods to run this setup (fmic, emu, 255 pump, etc etc)

i am going with this spec due to me having this already and not wanting to spend too much for a temp engine

now, being a 84K engine and wanting it to last, i was thinking running 0.8 of boost but not sure what injectors to run, i have in the fte head 330's, or i still have the standard injectors, which ones to use?

also, i was reading a post on tgtt about jays detonator V and kon had said to run a few degrees of retarted dizzy timing??

pick the engine up this sunday, hopefully get started on it soon :D

I'm doing the exact same thing bud until i get a forged engine next year, i'm using a JDM N/a lump as thats what i had to hand.

You just need to fire a few FTE parts on it, i guess youve got them on your old engine ?

A knock sensor screws right in as theres a hole tapped.

You need a FTE dizzy & leads

FTE Ignitor & coil

FTE MAP sensor

FTE Inlet & TB

FTE thermo housing

FTE PAS pump, brackets & hose

FTE fuel rail

Maybe more but canny mind atm.

You've already said the rest of the stuff, FTE grey injectors will be fine for 0.8 bar on TDO4, 330s wouldn't hurt i suppose if fueling is setup right :)

Comp ratio is 9.6 - 1 as opposed to 8.2 - 1 on a FTE, that 1.9mm gasket should bring it down a wee bit though :)

Any chance of a link to Jay's thread ?

I'm doing the exact same thing bud until i get a forged engine next year, i'm using a JDM N/a lump as thats what i had to hand.

You just need to fire a few FTE parts on it, i guess youve got them on your old engine ?

A knock sensor screws right in as theres a hole tapped.

You need a FTE dizzy & leads

FTE Ignitor & coil

FTE MAP sensor

FTE Inlet & TB

FTE thermo housing

FTE PAS pump, brackets & hose

FTE fuel rail

Maybe more but canny mind atm.

You've already said the rest of the stuff, FTE grey injectors will be fine for 0.8 bar on TDO4, 330s wouldn't hurt i suppose if fueling is setup right :)

Comp ratio is 9.6 - 1 as opposed to 8.2 - 1 on a FTE, that 1.9mm gasket should bring it down a wee bit though :)

Any chance of a link to Jay's thread ?

yeah, i got all the turbo stuff. basically its only the bottom end i will be swapping from what was in before. just to check the valves on number 3 and make sure there not bent. tho got plenty spare heads

little up date......DONT BUY FROM THIS EBAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271336044391?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2661

F*kn Kn*b wouldnt answer his phone after i had contacted him and set a day for viewing/collection. found his house, but no answer. he also said the engine would be out for collection at the weekend, was it B*llocks, so it was a wasted journey and time!! Well p*ssed off, so just gonna wait and build the 5e.

• 4 weeks later...

sweet, hows it going? what turbo you running and what boost?

i shal be going td04L again, mayb around .6 or .8 bar.

The car isnt on the road yet, ive just got the engine running and thats it lol, no rad or intercooler on yet. I have a VF12 turbo on it which is similar to a TD04, gonna stick it at 0.6 bar for now:)

im wanting to do this next year to my N/A but do I need to replace the whole loom for a glanza v loom or can I just wire in a map converter to the 4efe loom im confused as no one has done a full write up on what's needed,,ie will it run on the 4efe wiring and ecu

think best thing to do is find someone breaking a glanza and buy the loom. (i havnt had any dealings with this but....) it should be a straight swap, going from na 91 to turbo 91. same shell, same dash and switches.

not bad i build a few na turbos before there good engines is urs gen 1 or 2 ???? gen 2 rods wont hold your 0.8 bar off a tdo4

not sure, all i know is the pistons have a massive crown on them. thinking on going down to .6 now, just so it has a chance of stayn together. lol

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE!! its running pretty sweet. put a gasket and new o ring on the filter housing and the leak has stopped. so i bunged the headlight in and bumper on and went a spin........pwhoar!!! running 0.6 bar, didnt push it hard tho. did around 3 miles and it went well. come back and did a compression test and it was 195 psi across all four cylinders. gonna do some more test runs before i re comission it to daily life :D :D