Hi and thank you in advance for the help I've just bought a glanza v auto and need some help when I was driving it too see what power the boost was like it started too judder and splutter and then the engine management came on then went off when I let you of the gas it had fuel in would this be the leads as it's a standard car except from a non decat exhaust

Welcome,

Your hitting 'fuel cut' basically the Decat is increasing the flow of the exhaust. Which in turn is raising the boost. If you keep doing this it could end badly mate.

Do some searches on 'fuel cut'

Its possibly not fuel cut. Just an exhaust shouldn't make it creep that much. Is there any after market boost gauge on the car? Does the engine management might to off as soon as u take your foot of the pedal? Are they still the stock ht leads? When were the sparkufs changed last.

Hi thanks for the reply I guess am looking at a fuel cut defender then ??

No that's the last thing u want todo. Check if its fuel cut for sure then if it is wind down the post or port the wastegate. Just putting on a fuel cut defender is a pretty good way to melt the engine

Does it have a decat? Its definitely fuel cut.

I get exactly the same symptoms.

So because u have the same problem but a different set up he should just assume your right? Let's just make sure we actually check properly and not just assume we are correct. And possibly make him waste his time and more damage? A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. Let's start with the basics like 17+ year old ignition leads before we assume we are right with almost no information.

Start with the basics mate if u do a diagnostics check to start with. (Can search how todo it) that might pop up the error code but a Back box doesn't cause fuel cut . Does the high low boost switch still work on the car?

I would be extremely surprised if it was fuel cut. With that set up. Do a diagnostics check. New plugs leads make sure the gaps are all ok. Worste case you've just replaced a parts that were likely to be did a change anyway. If posit look for after market leads there isn't much of a price difference

I had the same issue on the similar setup! I'm just trying to help him as you are?

In have OEM leads for sale with king lead, worked perfectly only changes for the magnicore up rated ones. There in the for sale section bud :)

Helping is one thing but to tell him you no for sure its one thing when it might not be can cause more problems than good.

Every symptom he said is fuel cut..

He was boost hard, engine light popped up, exhaust was popping.. To be it shouts cut..

Maybe wrong though :)

Cold weather and pushing on can give fuel cut on a virtually stock setup.

The only diagnostic that's required is an explanation of when the issue occurs. If it's intermitant or irregular than ignition may be an issue. But if the issue is consistently happening when full throttle full boost, and it feels nasty then it's fuel cut.

There is literally nothing that feels quite as abrupt as fuel cut lol

Phil

Cold weather and pushing on can give fuel cut on a virtually stock setup.

The only diagnostic that's required is an explanation of when the issue occurs. If it's intermitant or irregular than ignition may be an issue. But if the issue is consistently happening when full throttle full boost, and it feels nasty then it's fuel cut.

There is literally nothing that feels quite as abrupt as fuel cut lol

Phil

x2

When I first got my Glanza she was all stock and on a cold winters night she would love to hit a bit of fuel cut, feels like you hit a brick wall when it kicks in.