Rotational assembly balancing, worth it?

Depends where you take it to be done and how accurate you want it done/ their machine tolerancing.

Its worth it for sure, even on a stock rebuild. It reduces the frictional losses in the engine gaining you a bit more power and a more stable engine. Think if the engine was out of balance by 2 grams say, how much extra the engine will have to work to overcome the friction in rotating the crank.

I agree with above, Toyota did a good job stock.

When looking into building a 4age for my car, I looked over several threads about people getting there bottom end balanced and people had been to engine builders and been told that they couldn't improve on it as it was already so good.

Why is it a must ?

If your going to fork out all that money to rebuild an engine why the hell would you not want to balance it...as previously mentioned it can cause uneven wear on bearings and could also damage your crank shaft as well as many other problems.

Like they say do it cheap do it twice do it properly and all is nice.

I had my engines built by future motorsports and they balance all engines that they build and balancing is included in the quoted price. some traders charge extra for balancing but IMO balancing should be included in any engine build

Edited by H_D

Well, like i postet before, Toyota did a very good job in the first place , so dont se why i should try to do it better.

We builded many high powered 4agte/5efte, we never spend Money on it, and never had any problems, not even on a 4agte with 2,8bar boost and 9400rpm.

Edited by Chief Quimby

Well, like i postet before, Toyota did a very good job in the first place , so dont se why i should try to do it better.

We builded many high powered 4agte/5efte, we never spend Money on it, and never had any problems, not even on a 4agte with 2,8bar boost and 9400rpm.

sorry but "builded" ? lol not a word :p

The way Quimby does engine builds lol, wanna pikey together an engine build for a few quid, assemble it dry, FT every bolt, throw the thrust washers away, take a file to the crank and hone it with wet & dry, then on ya go boyo :)

But seriously Nick, its best to do it right for piece of mind if nothing else :)

Toyota didn't come and balance your new internals…? It was balanced from factory what 16 -/+ years ago… and if your going forged it's definitely not balanced to your particular components…

Edited by TurboTobz

Turbotobz: I didnt ballance my 5efte running 2,3 bar and 7400rpm, i have no problem with it

On a stock engine, i MY opinion it is Waste of money

Each to their own, Obviously majority of people on the forum are far more meticulous about they way they build their engines.

Me personally I dont cut corners and dont mind spending extra cash for extra piece of mind.

Well, i am not running that high rpm, almost stock,, so dont se why there should be any problem, you know i dont run stock engine

We are a few, WHO run almost same setup, we havnt ballance them, and we havent had any problem.

My old 5efte have done 85000km, and still run just fine. Think that most 5efte engines dont last that long, even if you ballance them.

Edited by Chief Quimby