Why starlets not used in Motorsport??

There is a fella from N.I. who uses his for rallying.

Also in Japan they were used for time attack cars.

Another thing to take into consideration is the rear suspension setup. The likes of civic's handle a lot better on the track.

Edited by chrisgreen1993

Does anyone have any idea why starlets aren't used in a lot of Motorsport? They're great little cars and surely would be cheaper to run than most.

Tom

think it mainly comes down to where they were sold.

oddles of races of them in japan, even starlet only grids :)

and in all the hots laps/touge fellas videos they do very well.

Phil

Another thing to take into consideration is the rear suspension setup. The likes of civic's handle a lot better on the track.

Seconded. The back ends a starlets main let down!

McPherson strut isn't exactly race pedigree either, the only real downside to the rear is that it doesn't occupy any negative camber, if it had 1 degree of negative camber it would be perfect, since beam axles don't allow any change of camber during cornering.

Not the whole civic argument again haha.

There are alot of starlets that can handle very well if you get them set up well and have a good driver behind the wheel. Also depends on what people will spend on tyres etc as more people throw money at civics. I dont doubt civics handle well either :)

Not the whole civic argument again haha.

There are alot of starlets that can handle very well if you get them set up well and have a good driver behind the wheel. Also depends on what people will spend on tyres etc as more people throw money at civics. I dont doubt civics handle well either :)

Not another EP vs. Civic argument. Just used the Civic as a comparable small Japanese hatch.