Good day,

Just wanted to know something, if someone would be ever so kind as to answer my question I would be ever so great full.

So, picture this - A tyre has wear in some places more than others. On one section of the tyre it's above the legal limit, but on other sections of the tyre it is on the wear marker bars or for sake of example 'not legal'.

So what would be the crack with it? Is the tyre legal, or not? As some parts are worn below the limit and some places are above the limit.

Let me know what your views are.

Swag.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/legal-advice/tyres.html

In my eyes any part of the tyre below 1.6mm is illegal, but will was police and mot views differ a lotThink wear markers at at 2mm

Bang on.

1.6mm across 3/4 of the centre of the tyre, if any one part of this section is under 1.6mm then the tyre is illegal. Cord or wire showing is also illegal.

Ive argued and won with a police on this lol, he was a bellender.

I was a tyre fitter for 2 years, as above its 1.6mm across 3/4 of the tread as long as no cords are showing, no bulges and it has to have no flat spots or damage to the sidewall, I.e bulges and or cuts

Cuts in tyres are fine unless chords are exposed