bing bang... oil everywhere... dead engine?

its either head gasket or its put a rod through the block... head gasket sounds likely as I was having issues with misfires at top end which could have been loss of compression or oil/water entering the cylinder!?!

lads, why are people saying head gasket here..?? its oil thats pissing out, not water.! running on 3 cylinders could be anything.. find the source of the oil leak first and go from there

There are oil ways in the head aswell. I just said it sounds like a HG failure, not written in stone, however it explains the oil, bang & running like shit straight after due to loss of comp.

Or it could be a rod out, but the OP was told by a mechanic that the block was intact.

There are oil ways in the head aswell. I just said it sounds like a HG failure, not written in stone, however it explains the oil, bang & running like shit straight after due to loss of comp.

Or it could be a rod out, but the OP was told by a mechanic that the block was intact.

really wasnt clear in my last comment sorry... i dont think ive ever heard or seen a catastrophic hg failure like that.. i ment to say, theres no point ripping off the head assuming its the hg... he mentioned oil around alternator and brake cylinder... id lean more towards an oil pump failure and the belts then threw the oil up there... loss of oil pressure could of then blowin something else so it could be a few problems (all this can happen in seconds).... source the problem then comp test the engine