How to fit my Fmi??

Hi, I got a Fmi and I need some help on the best way to fit it?

The pipe work I'm sure I can handle, as I know where 2 go haha so I will guess the rest lol

What I need help with is where does the bracket work for the core go and will I need to drill holes to fit them? Any pictures would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

A810F417-0AB1-416B-863B-6FC9DB379868_zps

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitted the same kit to mine.

To get it sitting perfect your need to cut abit of the bar that runs from the bonnet catch to the bottom sub frame. This allows the core to slide up behind the crash bar. as it's a bjg core without doing this it'll hang out below the bumper like mine did. See my build thread for reference mate pics there.

It supports the bonnet latch.

No, just the bit that's sticking towards the front of the car, this will allow it to slide up behind the crash bar meaning it won't hang out like mine did after fitting, then drill a hole and bolt it on, or reuse the lower bonnet latch bolt.

Mine didn't fit without doing the above, but yours could be different, I doubt it though!

Yeah if you do it legends way. But your severely regret it if you had a small bump. Would ruin the core and turbo behind it as the core would take the hit not your bar... Entirely up to you how you fit it! There's no right an wrong!

The pipe that has the bracket will be the cold side pipe, it bolts onto a little hole just underneath the battery tray, im doing mine atm just in for a heat but dont take the crash bar out imo its a safety feature mate albeit not the biggest but it will take a bit of a bump at least

Upto you though if the weather wasnt so shite i would of popped down and showed you

Glasgow mate , looking at your kit has puzzled me as my old kit te bracket was sort of twisted and im

Sure the hole was there it was years ago man , tbh mate if you wanna pull it out just whip it out , ill end up becoming a hippocruit

And doing the same with mine if i get fed up haha