Number plate laws

Just a quick one guys, cut a long story short i have to go work tonight and dont have my number plate secured to the front of my car.. So i shall be placing it in the windscreen

What are the penalties of this if the police want to be arsey..

The plate will be ready to go on tomorrow morning

Don't I drove for 6 months with mine in the windscreen, pulled 6 times and never any bother, until one day I got pulled and fined £60 for not displaying my license correctly- just reread and you would need to be veryunlucky of its just one night but if they want to be cocks they can fine you

Edited by fremyjay

Having a reason isn't an excuse though, it's illegal to have it in your windshield. As above, you may get away with it unnoticed, or you may be pulled and let off with a stern word.. It's luck of the draw really, they can fine you for it..

I'd say if you do need to risk it, don't make a habit of it, ie. get it sorted as soon as you can.

Ive got it back on now but not happy how it sits so will be taking it off at the weekend to sort it out

I never used to have one on the front years ago but they have tightened up on a lot of things now and dont want unwanted hassle

• 2 weeks later...

Got fined for mine being in the window right after I picked it up from all the body work it had done a few years back. tried explaining the car had been vandalised and was in the process of being repaired, no dice.

Phil.

. Thats northern ireland police, dont give to fu*ks aslong as that fine pays there hours