Radio Controlled Cars & Nitro Fuel Cars

I have just acquired a Tamiya TT01 Nitro Fuel Remote Control car. 1/10 scale.

Does anyone on here share such interest and have bits for them for sale eg Shells etc...

These can be extremely modified. Will get pics up shortly but here is an example of how easily they can be modified even down to camber adjustments etc:

http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?20521-R-C-Car-or-Model-Car-Picture-Thread/page11

I've got an electric 1 too. Used to race them indoors but gave it up. Started making it into a drift chassis but got bored so sat collecting dust atm lol...

But your right hundreds of bits out there for them..

Also agree with trisk electric over nitro anyday...

Funny you mention this. I just bought an FTX Edge Brushless 1/10 Buggy today. Would love to get my hands on something drift orientated next though.

Looking forward to seeing some of your pics man.

I've not had RC cars in well over 10 years, but got a brushed electric Buggy for Xmas, joined http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/home , and well.....got kinda hooked again lol.

Still got alot to learn though. As said above, so much that you can do to these things.

From what I can gather Elec Rcs require less maintenance than nitros. Plus alot of Electrics can reach Nitro Speeds these days.

The Traxxas E Revo Truggy for example, can reach speeds in excess of 70mph...kinda crazy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0l6HslAU1U

Edited by Djaniero

Yeh the electric 1s are more religable.. and alot less maintainence..

As above with a good brushless motor and a good electronic speed controller u can get high speeds out of them..

Alot of the speed controllers are programable aswell so can adapt power too your needs..

My series 1 mission should reach 60ish if i actually finished it..

This is making me wanna it out now :-D

How comes the electric ones are better than the nitro ones? Just asking :)

Electric cars with brushless motors are much faster than nitro cars and require alot less maintenance. If you run li-po batteries you get approx 30 mins runtime per charge.

Electric cars with brushless motors are much faster than nitro cars and require alot less maintenance. If you run li-po batteries you get approx 30 mins runtime per charge.

Are we talking a big difference in speed and top end I have seen some modified nitro ones that have been made very quick.

I'm still learning but will be customising it slowly and will get pics up soon.

Anyone meanwhile have the odd pic of theirs?