cant work it out !!!!

it sounds like the exhaust was blowing from what can be described as the noise came from the bottom right slightly, jacked the car up checked the exhaust absolutely fine, what i did notice was the turbo was caked in oil and i mean a lot, the blow off valve is spitting oil out and the car smells of warm oil at high revs in 4th and 5th if giving it some, i checked my engine oil and it had all gone, so i topped it up and all seems okay

getting a compression test done on tuesday just to be safe, the engine has only done 115k killometres so pretty low mileage and has standard top mount, am i right in thinking oil seals etc and oil feed have gone on the turbo because i get slight juddering hesitation then it kicks in like lag

seriously paranoid about the engine, no blue smoke or anything and it still drives fine, boosts fine just really really weird, any help much appreciated, like i said compression test tuesday and gonna get it a BIG once over from a know it all mechanic friend so ill report back but in the mean time any help please and sorry for the essay

Headgasket!

Jesus, i almost bought that car! Truly gutted for you mate!

never had these problems, what are my options? forged is out the equation i cant afford that yet, prices etc because im stuffed lol :( bad times

never had these problems, what are my options? forged is out the equation i cant afford that yet, prices etc because im stuffed lol :( bad times

If it is headgasket get that redone, and replace the turbo there about £50-£80

Lift the head off and pray to yoda that its a blown gasket or a head issue and not piston ringlands. :cray:

thats what im hoping, i might have just caught it in time, still drives fine just not as much power but obviously im going no where near boost and literally using it 2 miles a day to work, is there a stronger head gasket i could use and what else would i need to do to make sure its healthy etc?

if your not talking big power, a genuine toyota one will do as good as any.200 - 220bhp + ish i would be thinking about going for a steel headgasket, athenas makes them. genuine headgasket kit from toyota will set you back around the 110 pounds mark. and then labour for fitting if you need someone else to do it. A headgasket failure isnt all doom and gloom, happens on pretty much any car. though i def wouldnt be driving it while its blown, various little demons from different scenarios will gather for a chat and decide on how to really screw your engine over. There no way really of testing the ringlands if the gaskets blown apart from removing the pistons and inspecting them. If you dont want to go to that hassel, id advise getting the head checked over and fitting the new gasket kit and see what luck you have.

if your not talking big power, a genuine toyota one will do as good as any.200 - 220bhp + ish i would be thinking about going for a steel headgasket, athenas makes them. genuine headgasket kit from toyota will set you back around the 110 pounds mark. and then labour for fitting if you need someone else to do it. A headgasket failure isnt all doom and gloom, happens on pretty much any car. though i def wouldnt be driving it while its blown, various little demons from different scenarios will gather for a chat and decide on how to really screw your engine over. There no way really of testing the ringlands if the gaskets blown apart from removing the pistons and inspecting them. If you dont want to go to that hassel, id advise getting the head checked over and fitting the new gasket kit and see what luck you have.

i was thinking head gasket myself and going athena so its stronger, have a friend who will do it cheap so thats no problem but the heaters still work spot on it still boosts spools up just bogs down further up the rev range ( before i knew about the problem by the way ) is it worth doing headgasket etc or do i just buy another engine :/ ?

If the heaters still working fine, and theres oil everywhere, id say its just blown between an oil way and a piston. it will be holding back more noticeably up the rev range due to the low compression in the blown cylinder i would think. Its def worth trying a head gasket on it, or at very least, lifting the head off to see for def .